Bells On Collars

brookes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've just recently adopted a very small and very michevious 7-8 week old kitten who, on his first day in his new home got himself stuck so far up the inside of the sofa that we were convinced for hours he'd been accidentally left outside. He didn't seem distressed about it, but I was beside myself.

I've since fitted him with a collar with 2 small bells basically so I can hear where he is. I know I'm being overprotective, but I'm currently in a situation where I've lost access to my other pets due to marriage separation. This little guy is my comfort and my reason for waking up. Sob! I know, wrong forum - Just to give a bit of context as to why I feel the bell is necessary.

What are people's opinions? Are bells on collars cruel? It doesn't seem to bother him. He's just as active and playful with it off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brookes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And yes he has an enclosed cat bed (tunnel shaped) and a pen he can escape to should he feel overwhelmed or just need to be a kitten and hide.

catmomjulia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If it doesn't bother him it's fine, he will let you know if he is uncomfortable with it :)