Bella's 59 days pregnant today

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so sorry about the one kitten. It sounds like they were just a tad premature. The extra few days can make a big difference. Glad the other two are doing well.

Last edited:

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bella was 61 days today, were on a different time/I'm in London, uk.

She has had the kittens, 1st one didn't make it, was huge & came out breach, was stuck half way out for over 20 mins, I couldn't get it breathing.

2nd, 3rd & 4th are on her feeding now, they are fine.

She did have a 5th but it came out still born, so sad.

But the other 3 are feeding she is doing really well, thank god.

I nearly had kittens myself just trying to help her!!!

This was her first litter, so she got them out of the sack but didn't chew the cord, I had to cut them and clean them up, she didn't eat any placenta, she's always been funny about her food.

She's doing really well for it being her 1st time though, I'm so proud of her
What do you do in cases where the kitten(s) unfortunatly don't make it? My cat is pregnant and I'm trying to prepare myself as much as I can but I just don't know what I@d do in those situaions.. What do you do with their bodies? How do you handle the situation? Sorry I know it's a fragile topic especially as your poor kitty went through it, I'm really sorry not all 5 made it.. She did wonderfully considering it was her first litter though, congratulations on the 3 fighters!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Most forumists choose to bury a kitten in the garden, and must move on with caring for mom and the live kittens.

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What if you don't have a garden or a place where you can bury them where their bodies won't be dug up by dogs or foxes?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vets will normally take them for disposal cleanly. What you must not do in most places is put them in the trash, it is usually forbidden. However I think few TCS members would do that! But let us hope all goes well and all the litters that are currently expected thrive.