Bella

ConorH

Billy's Buddy
Kitten
Purraise
My two kittens, Billy and Bella, of about 4 months in age, were due to be spayed yesterday to prepare them for the big wide world.
I returned home from college yesterday afternoon, expecting everything to have been fine. However, what I was met with was an upset Mum, who told me that our little Bella did not survive the procedure.
I was so shocked at first and didn’t know what to do - I didn’t even cry at first; I just stood in shock before the emotions came flooding in.

This was especially hard for me since her and I had grown a particularly close bond over the two months we had her. My parents always told me that I was her favourite human as she showed me more affection than anyone!

The vet has offered to cremate her and we are bringing her ashes back home, placing them in her favourite window where she would sit and wait for people to come home.

I feel as if this is all a bad dream and I just want to wake up. She was taken way too soon and was meant to grow up with us. This was the worst possible thing that could have happened to our healthy little kitty cat.

Her brother Billy is still with us, which is a massive comfort, but he has definitely been searching the living room for her - her scent probably still lingers.

Bella’s death has left a hole in my heart and nothing will ever be able to replace her.

762CCD17-68C9-4E24-A793-CDE1CBE3F5F9.jpeg
DD5AB09A-CAAE-408C-A3AC-0833CDA09736.jpeg
3CE53724-D996-4A97-A5EC-C684A5FD8890.jpeg

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Love bonds are built between humans and all other Creatures. It is so difficult to face the last journey of a cat- we all know that here.

It is normal to cry. Incidents like that always can occur, no matter how much we care.

My tears for Bella and I am sure you will manage to be strong for you must take care of Billy for some long and beautiful years from now.

===
Was Billy spayed as well?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ConorH

Billy's Buddy
Kitten
Purraise
Love bonds are built between humans and all other Creatures. It is so difficult to face the last journey of a cat- we all know that here.

It is normal to cry. Incidents like that always can occur, no matter how much we care.

My tears for Bella and I am sure you will manage to be strong for you must take care of Billy for some long and beautiful years from now.

===
Was Billy spayed as well?
Billy was also spayed, and thinking about the years ahead with Billy definitely help a lot! :)
Thanks!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so rare to have something go wrong with this procedure. It usually indicates an undetected heart condition or an allergy to the anesthesia, which would have come up in the future too. My heart goes out to you. I pray you can take comfort knowing the short time you spent with that precious girl made her so very happy and gave her everything she wanted in life.
I will never understand why such horrible things happen to good people and to the innocent, but I do know that Bella would never want to bring such sadness into your life. Celebrate her life, try not to dwell on the sadness of her death. Do not make it more important, to mean more, than that precious little life. She would never want that for someone she loves so very much, just as you would never want that for her if you were the first to go. Send her thoughts of love and the joys of life, she will be forever tied to your soul through the bonds of love. She will always be near. She now follows a new path, one that will someday cross your own.
For now you must grieve the loss of someone so important in your life. Take one day at a time, and surround yourself with those who understand and can support you. Hold that sweet brother and give him the comfort he needs now too, he does understand that she is missing from his life. Give him a kiss from me. Take care and please know you will be held in my thoughts and prayers.....RIP sweet Bella. You will never be forgotten, you will forever hold a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, this is horrible news, I am so so sorry that this had to happen, we usually never know why but perhaps it spared her from a serious health issue down the road, I don't know....just horrible, and you were looking forward to a long life with her but God must've needed a little Angel for some reason that is why she had to leave. And she looks like a little Sylvester my guy, and when they are tuxedos that pass my heart is always just a bit heavier....

I am sorry for your loss, time and love and prayers will try to heal your broken heart.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless you....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

ConorH

Billy's Buddy
Kitten
Purraise
This is so rare to have something go wrong with this procedure. It usually indicates an undetected heart condition or an allergy to the anesthesia, which would have come up in the future too. My heart goes out to you. I pray you can take comfort knowing the short time you spent with that precious girl made her so very happy and gave her everything she wanted in life.
I will never understand why such horrible things happen to good people and to the innocent, but I do know that Bella would never want to bring such sadness into your life. Celebrate her life, try not to dwell on the sadness of her death. Do not make it more important, to mean more, than that precious little life. She would never want that for someone she loves so very much, just as you would never want that for her if you were the first to go. Send her thoughts of love and the joys of life, she will be forever tied to your soul through the bonds of love. She will always be near. She now follows a new path, one that will someday cross your own.
For now you must grieve the loss of someone so important in your life. Take one day at a time, and surround yourself with those who understand and can support you. Hold that sweet brother and give him the comfort he needs now too, he does understand that she is missing from his life. Give him a kiss from me. Take care and please know you will be held in my thoughts and prayers.....RIP sweet Bella. You will never be forgotten, you will forever hold a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
Thank you so much for your heartfelt words - I teared up reading this and it really touched my heart. I've been at home with Billy all day and he's been an amazing and brave boy.

Whilst our time with our precious Bella was cut short, her memory will live on in all of us. :')

20180911_065408132_iOS.jpg

ConorH

Billy's Buddy
Kitten
Purraise
Oh no, this is horrible news, I am so so sorry that this had to happen, we usually never know why but perhaps it spared her from a serious health issue down the road, I don't know....just horrible, and you were looking forward to a long life with her but God must've needed a little Angel for some reason that is why she had to leave. And she looks like a little Sylvester my guy, and when they are tuxedos that pass my heart is always just a bit heavier....

I am sorry for your loss, time and love and prayers will try to heal your broken heart.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless you....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:
Thank you so much for your kind words. This really helps me cope with her passing.
Until the day we meet again, I will forever cherish the short time we got to spend together. <3

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Little Bella, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever. Although your life was short, your heart was deep, and your love was returned full measure.