Believing in Santa

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, you know what?

Santa Claus at least WAS Real.

Saint Nicholas of Myra was a wealthy orphan in Byzantine Turkey. He was known to put things in the shoes and socks that were traditionally left out of the house for poor families, and even at one time dropped large amounts of money down the chimney of 3 destitute sisters, so that they had a dowry and could marry rather than be sold into prostitutuion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas

So, I beleive in Santa Claus, and always will, venen if I'm the one preforming the task, it will be done because it would be what Saint Nicholas of Myra would want.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Suddenly it's so clear why my gifts from Santa were never wrapped. They were just left under the tree. No need to worry about getting caught wrapping them and they didn't have to buy different paper.

I plan on doing the same thing with my kids mainly because: If I got up too early I was allowed to play with the Santa Gifts but had to wait to open any more presents. My parents were allowed to sleep another couple of hours.

I don't know exactly when I stopped believing in Santa but I was probably nine or ten. One of my cousin's told me the truth a year or so before, but I wanted to believe so badly that I didn't believe her. But the next year, I figured out about the Easter Bunny cause I caught my Mom pulling the basket out of her closet so truth sadly came out.

There is still a small part of me that wants to believe though even though I am the stocking stuffer for my Mom. It's just such a magical thing, the idea of Santa.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suspected when I was 8 that Santa wasn't real. I asked my Mom if the tooth fairy was real, thinking that I didn't have as much to lose if I ticked her off. Next I asked about the Easter Bunny and then Santa.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

I suspected when I was 8 that Santa wasn't real. I asked my Mom if the tooth fairy was real, thinking that I didn't have as much to lose if I ticked her off. Next I asked about the Easter Bunny and then Santa.
Hey, THAT was good strategy!

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GrayKittenLove

Suddenly it's so clear why my gifts from Santa were never wrapped. They were just left under the tree. No need to worry about getting caught wrapping them and they didn't have to buy different paper....
That's the way it was at my house also! I thought everybody's presents from "Santa" weren't wrapped. I thought that was how you were able to tell!