Being the supportive one stinks sometimes Vent

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

How well I understand where you are at. For the first few years of our relationship and marriage my husband was a full-time musician, i.e., played 6 nights per week with only Sunday's off. He also travelled so we didn't even get to see each other very often. When I became pregnant he started working for a band that stayed in our home area so he didn't have to travel.

I had to attend EVERYTHING alone - weddings, birthday parties, company Christmas party, whatever. When we did do things together it was always what HE wanted to do. On summer vacations we went where HE wanted to go. And when I look back on it, it wasn't really his fault - I was the one who always gave in. Well, I don't anymore. If I want to do something and he doesn't - I go and do it with my friends. I used to plead and beg him to do things with me that I like to do and would end up not enjoying it because I would see how miserable he was so now I save us both the misery.

I love golf but would rather go with my friends. I've gone with hubby a couple times and he's not into golf so he uses the time to socialize and is never ready to shoot and holds everyone up and talks all the time. When I tell him he has to observe some rules of golf he gets all in a huff and says we take it too seriously. Meantime I'm getting tense because we are holding up the folks behind us and then I shoot really poorly. I WANT TO GO WITHOUT HIM. LOL

I honestly think men are born selfish and women are born nurturers. (There are always exceptions, but generally I believe this to be true.) I know I will always have to give more and expect less but I also know that I have a good man in so many ways that I shouldn't really ever complain. I always say if I put his good points on one side of the scale and the bad on the other, his good points would far outweigh the bad. Besides, I'm no prize either - I have things that must irritate the dickens out of him.

Your honey sounds like a typical man - needs a bit of training is all.
Glad to know someone else has been there in the same shoes. Darn musicians. It was even harder when he was on the road. I nearly had a nervous break down at one point. Things were really stressfull here. and my mom was riding my booty, and of course it was during the holidays.

But shortly after he quit that band and hooked up with these guys. They play local, which is good. but...Grrr. One day is all I ask for. I have rearranged my schedule more times than I can count to make sure i am at his gigs. cause if i am not he whines. and you know who else whines? The rest of the band! HA!

Ah well. Like i said we had a good long talk last night. I am hopeing what was said last night will stick.

I just have to remind myself of the large shopping spree me and the cats can go on..when he gets his record deal..