Behaviour changes after move

mtemp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 12 year old cat began peeing places besides her litter box(usually on something on the floor) and chewing electrical cords when we moved into an apartment. She also will not go to the litter box if we put the cover on it now. She has never acted this way before. We have two cats the other seems fine and both are healthy. She has plenty of toys and her playmate. She also seems starving for attention even if we just petted and groomed her for an hour.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be that stress caused her to develop a UTI. I would probably take her in for a vet check to make sure.

Everything else is probably also stress related. Feliway diffusers may help.
:nod:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mtemp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We did she is UTI free and healthy minus some arthritis in her hips. This has been going on for seven months now. I will try the diffuser and look into the anxiety issue.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she on pain meds or supplements for her arthritis? If every time she uses the litter box, her hips hurt, there's your reason for box avoidance right there.
I would also try getting a box that has a low entrance so she doesn't have to lift her legs too high to get into.
:nod: