Behavior of very old cat with kidney failure has changed...is it "time"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneandahalfcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very sorry for your loss .. It is wonderful to read how you were able to share such lovely final moments with Smokie and that she passed so peacefully. That is beautiful.

Such a lovely kitty .. RIP Smokie

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jtrevor99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks again, everyone.  It has been very cathartic (pun not intended!) to share this story and to celebrate her life.  I wish I'd found this site sooner.

I donated all of the leftover perishable supplies to the local veterinary clinic and animal shelter, and have begun cleaning up and storing the food bowls, litter box, etc.  Part of me is sad to have to be doing this, but it does seem helpful to make an effort to move on right away.  I'm not ready for another pet right now, but maybe some day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jtrevor99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't mean to keep bumping this topic, but it helps me, so I hope no one minds!

Here's Smokie's last photo - taken a mere 9 hours before she passed away, when I first started suspecting today might be the day.  As you can see, the kidney disease had done its damage - she didn't have an ounce of fat left and she'd lost most of her muscle mass too.  Even lifting her head for this photo seemed like a taxing effort.  Yet she was still happy till the end...

Status
Not open for further replies.