Beginning to wonder if I made a mistake adopting a new kitten...

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OH yes pictures, pics are the best!  I'm so glad to hear you are keeping her and look forward to the updates!

heythere094

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
its really up to u when it comes to the cat. maybe u can wait it out or truly give it back up for adoption? listen to your heart. :) hope this helped

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xeoneex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Black cat with white is Chloe the 8 month old kitteh, and the tabby is Matty the 12 year old grump :).

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope that things get better. The truth is black cats of any age have a very hard time getting adopted from any shelter.She will love you but try to play with her. I have had depression in my life and I know how hard it can me to motivate yourself but she needs you to play with her. If she is left to work all that energy out by herself she will pester your other cat and do things to drive you all nuts.If you play with her a couple times a day enough to wear her out she will bother the older cat less and life will be more peaceful for all of you.It is hard because depression makes you tired but it is worth it.Take care of yourself.

xeoneex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I plan to, but I've been busy and I haven't been sleeping well.  So it's hard to make time right now, especially while taking care of my grandma.  I don't want to neglect her but right now she may have to tend to herself for the time being.  It's only temporary and I will make it up to her.  I always do!

xeoneex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Had a bit of a scare today, she got into a bag of treats we dont' know how much she ate so hopefully she'll be ok :/.  

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey There.  I missed the last update to your threads so I just saw the pics.  What beautiful eyes on Cloe.  Matty looks smashing in her red feather and bathrobe scarf. 

My kitten ate an entire bag of greenies and he was fine.  Figured out how to open the file cabinet drawer all on his own so maybe he deserved them.

xeoneex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you I love my babies.  

I figure Chloe will be ok, I imagine it's the equivalent of a child getting into the cookie jar, upset tummy possible vomitting she seems spunky and hyper now haha.  Still pestering Matty as ever.  Just wish Matty could tolerate chloe, she feels replaced and I hate upsetting my Matty like that but what else can I do but wait.