Begging Sphynx Kitten

serenitythecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! I have a Sphynx kitten named Jinxie. She is a beggar.....(She jumps on the tables, tries to get food) I'm not sure what to do to make her STOP begging. I've taken her off the table when she is trying to get the food and say "No!" But she continues to do it. I'm thinking that the house she was born in, they fed her human food. Please help! :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

serenitythecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is about 15 weeks and we feed her I THINK kitten chow. I'm not sure because my mom threw the bag away and put the food in a ziploc bag.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 15 weeks she can really eat as much as she wants. Are you leaving the kitten chow down for her at all times? Being able to graze may help. Also, supplementing with meals of wet food will help her to feel more full.

Look for foods that have meat listed first, and grain-free if possible. Foods with higher protein and less fillers will make her more satisfied.

hatchytt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
^^^What she said. My kitty kids are six months and I still try to make sure they always have food available. They get very hungry right before a growth spurt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

serenitythecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, we were leaving her food down but my mom put it back up because she was pooping too much. I will tell her to leave it down though. We also do feed her some wet food twice a week. When going to the store I will check for that food. Thank you thank you talkingpeanut and hatchytt

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, the little thing is probably hungry! What do you mean by pooping too much?