Before & After Photos of Kionu

mikonu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This shows how bad his eyes were when we first got him. His eyes were totally infested with fleas, especially the area around his eyes. For the first few days, he could barely open his eyes.

Look at how sad he looks!

And now!

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG what a transformation...that is incredible....how lucky he is to have you to care for him....hes a beautiful boy...those eyes are incredible

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mikonu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the great comments!

A little back story on how we got him:
He was originally given to a friend of the breeder, who later moved to the mainland. She didn't want to deal with the "hassle" of taking a kitten with her so she took him back to the breeder. The breeder had about a dozen persians running loose on her property. They all had major eye gunk, which I assume they never had cleaned. They also had dirty water bowls, and were fed Meow Mix (there was a bag of that brand there so I think that's what she fed them). She also had mama cat locked up in a 2 story cage, with a FILTHY litterbox and dirty food dishes (located RIGHT next to the litterbox). The kittens (about a month old) were running around the garage while the mama is meowing her head off. There were giant bird cages (similar to the ones found in zoos) located around the mama's cage. We knocked on the front door and asked the woman if she had any Persian cats for sale. I saw Kionu peeping out from under the table and he stumbled over to the door. At first, she tried to offer me a kitten for TONS of money. I couldn't keep my eyes of Kionu. He looked so sad and I just felt he needed to be rescued right then and there. I asked her if he was for sale, and she said, "Yeah, I'll give him to you for $100. I just wanna get rid of him". It was so sad. I gave her the money, put him in my car and drove away as fast as I could. He was quiet the during the entire drive home. At 4 months old, he was not vaccinated, microchipped, wormed or given any type of flea treatment. He was in really bad shape. After a couple months, he is doing MUCH MUCH better and is so full of life and engery. He loves to cuddle, and just...love.

P.S. Before driving home, I immediately went to the Humane Society in that town and reported her. I found out a few weeks ago, ALL of her Persians (and other feral cats) were taken away and they were all adopted by caring and loving families. The birds were also taken away and now live in a bird sanctuary.

mikonu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nebula11

OMG what a transformation...that is incredible....how lucky he is to have you to care for him....hes a beautiful boy...those eyes are incredible
The "now" photos are basically what he looks like all day. Big bright blue eyes! Sometimes they get so light, they almost look white. Strange huh?

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's got the most beautiful eyes

I am so glad that the other ones are all better too, and the birds. I hate people that neglect their animals. To imagine the mama being seperated from her kittens... locked up, and unable to protect her babies... Poooor mama.

mikonu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyRage

He's got the most beautiful eyes

I am so glad that the other ones are all better too, and the birds. I hate people that neglect their animals. To imagine the mama being seperated from her kittens... locked up, and unable to protect her babies... Poooor mama.
Thank you again everyone! It was so sad to see the condition her animals were living in. I was going to try and take a few others with me, but she came to the door as I was putting Kionu in the car. I'm just glad they're all better. I'm going to call the Humane Society tomorrow and see if they have any updates on the breeder.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Shanna, so glad you found your little sweetie and was able to rescue him from such horrible conditions..........why do people have animals if they're not going to take proper care of them, love them, etc?? Your baby is beautiful!

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow....he looks SO much better, healthier, and happier now! Bless you for taking this baby in and givng him your love and attention.

juniper

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Poor little guy!
You did a great job bringing him back to health, though
- what a sad story about all of those cats and birds. Kionu is beautiful, love those big blue eyes!

mikonu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you again for the great comments! This morning, I called the Humane Society (from that town) for updates. They said that they are going to file charges for "Animal Cruelty" and they need me to drive over and testify in court as to the conditions in which the animals were living in. They said to bring Kionu as "evidence". It would be to show how neglected he was living with her, and how drastically he changed after I got him. I'm so happy, I could cry! Serves her right for being so inhumane to her animals!

juniper

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mikonu

Thank you again for the great comments! This morning, I called the Humane Society (from that town) for updates. They said that they are going to file charges for "Animal Cruelty" and they need me to drive over and testify in court as to the conditions in which the animals were living in. They said to bring Kionu as "evidence". It would be to show how neglected he was living with her, and how drastically he changed after I got him. I'm so happy, I could cry! Serves her right for being so inhumane to her animals!
That is wonderful! I wish that more people who are cruel or neglectful to animals were prosecuted like this! Now let's just hope she gets more than a slap on the wrist for what she's done.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

How wonderful that you've made an impact, not only for your lovely Kionu, but for all those poor animals she abused. Wonderful!
I hope she goes to prison.

Kionu is purely gorgeous

sharonkay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh my goodness! what a beautiful cat...how sad...I am so glad they took all the animals away from that nut!

Congrats on some good loving there, mommy

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you were able to save not just your baby but all te other kitties and animals she had! I hope she realizes her mistake and NEVER owns another animal!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mikonu

Thanks for the great comments!

A little back story on how we got him:
He was originally given to a friend of the breeder, who later moved to the mainland. She didn't want to deal with the "hassle" of taking a kitten with her so she took him back to the breeder. The breeder had about a dozen persians running loose on her property. They all had major eye gunk, which I assume they never had cleaned. They also had dirty water bowls, and were fed Meow Mix (there was a bag of that brand there so I think that's what she fed them). She also had mama cat locked up in a 2 story cage, with a FILTHY litterbox and dirty food dishes (located RIGHT next to the litterbox). The kittens (about a month old) were running around the garage while the mama is meowing her head off. There were giant bird cages (similar to the ones found in zoos) located around the mama's cage. We knocked on the front door and asked the woman if she had any Persian cats for sale. I saw Kionu peeping out from under the table and he stumbled over to the door. At first, she tried to offer me a kitten for TONS of money. I couldn't keep my eyes of Kionu. He looked so sad and I just felt he needed to be rescued right then and there. I asked her if he was for sale, and she said, "Yeah, I'll give him to you for $100. I just wanna get rid of him". It was so sad. I gave her the money, put him in my car and drove away as fast as I could. He was quiet the during the entire drive home. At 4 months old, he was not vaccinated, microchipped, wormed or given any type of flea treatment. He was in really bad shape. After a couple months, he is doing MUCH MUCH better and is so full of life and engery. He loves to cuddle, and just...love.

P.S. Before driving home, I immediately went to the Humane Society in that town and reported her. I found out a few weeks ago, ALL of her Persians (and other feral cats) were taken away and they were all adopted by caring and loving families. The birds were also taken away and now live in a bird sanctuary.
What a horrible, horrible lady!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU for reporting her, and what wonderful news that she's been put out of business!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And WHAT a beautiful kitty! The before and after pics are just amazing. You can see what a wonderful job you've done with this love.