Bees!!!

abby7625

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can you get out of the lease because of this? Or will they move you to another apartment until the problem is resolved? It seems they are not taking this very seriously to me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I actually just got off the phone with them. She basically said the problem is that there are not many beekeepers out there. The ones they have found do not have the required insurance to work on the property.(general liability and workers comp)They have one guy that they are trying to get set up to work as a sub under the pest control guy, but there's paperwork and that's what the hold up is. She told me that honey bees are becomming extinct (I didn't know that) and that they are trying to do the environmentally correct thing and trap them instead of kill them. I understand that, because somewhere out there we need bees so I will try to be patient once again. They will allow us to stay in one of their "corporate" apartments if the bees do get inside. At this moment, and knock on wood, we haven't had that yet, just our neighbors downstairs and they said they haven't had any come in in a couple of days. They can just hear the buzzing in their ceiling, and I hear it in the walls.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Occasionally we get a bee or two inside our house, and our cat Snowball always thinks bees are something that he can keep playing with and batting around until the bees are about half-dead...he doesn't actually kill them. Just wanted to let you know since Dori might behave the same way if the bees start getting inside.