Been to the vet a few times would like other insight please

Status
Not open for further replies.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
The shot they gave him is Convenia. This can be good for skin conditions, but you'll need to continue to monitor him closely (just like you have been) as some cats do not react well to it.

I would make sure they Calypso has received IV or SubQ fluids to make sure he is well hydrated.

If infection sets in, there are other antibiotics that can be used.

Buprenophine (also known as Buprenex) is great. This is basically Kitty morphine.

See how his appetite is once you get him back home.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, try to entice him with some warmed mashed up canned cat food. Stinky is good. Fish is good, anything at this point. You can add a bit of water to it, so he does not get more dehydrated. Just put it int he microwave for 5 seconds or so.. just enough so it is not cold. 

Also, try some Gerber or Beech-nut meat baby food. Not the ones with onion or garlic. These foods are usually a 'go to' for sick kitties ~ even mix with a tad of water..

Good Luck, keep us updated...

In the meantime, do some searching for a better Vet...

You are really doing a good job...

((hugs))

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsaremyworld

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Friday is when he stopped eating i tried baby food cat food canned chicken and tuna but he didnt want it im going to try warmed this time

catsaremyworld

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I took Calypso for that second opinion and unfortunately we had to put him down I'm so hurt by this I haven't cried so much in my life

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I took Calypso for that second opinion and unfortunately we had to put him down I'm so hurt by this I haven't cried so much in my life
I'm so sorry this happened to you, there's nothing I can say to make you feel better but know that were all here for you even when where miles apart.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh No....((((hugs))))   I am so sorry....

yes, when you have a chance, please let us know what happened....

catsaremyworld

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well the yellow fluids that was coming out was FIP fluids and he also had a bad infection amd he started having bad muscle spasms the vet was so set an she couldnt understand why he would even do the surgery after she looked at his xrays im beyond hurt and upset i havent cried so much its so weird not having him here even my other cats are acting weird calypso was always in my face we had such a strong bond i had him since he was 2weeks old im so hurt i feel like ill never get over this

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Oh no!! I am so sorry!! I have no words but you did everything you could. You came and asked questions. You tried to do everything. I am sending you hugs and positive thoughts to help banish the sadness. Just know we are all sorry for your loss. May Calypso run free at the bridge.

I am so sorry again.

catsaremyworld

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have this feeling of wanting to do something for him i want to keep calling the vet to ask how he is but i cant cuz hes not here anymore him being gone has my anxiety and bipolar at a all time high he helped me so much how do i make thos easier i walk around my house crying becuz everything in here reminds me of him and hes not under my feet its driving me crazy

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
@catsaremyworld the team at TCS would like you to know just how sorry we are for your loss.  We do understand that the grief can be overwhelming.  One of our members has posted about the ASPCA Grief Hotline and I believe many have benefited from using it.

You may also like to start a thread in our Crossing the Bridge forum. 

We lock threads after our loved one has passed, out of respect, but starting a thread in their memory can really help, and you will find the support of our members there.
 ​

​
RIP beautiful Calypso

​
 ​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.