Beeba has crystals

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good boy, Beeb!

...and just as a sidebar comment, we didn't actually "run" to the litter boxes when we went to listen to the boys pee.
We did walk calmly and quietly over there so as not to disturb them. But yes, we kept an eye on it for quite some time.

I will say, we did figure out that if they're straining in the litter box to pee, their bladders were empty, and if they were straining OUT of the box and dribbling, they were blocked. But that was our boys, and since it's literally been years, hopefully it's all behind us now.

Beeba's over the hump now, and the meds will do their work for the short-term, and the diet will do the trick long term.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats really interesting about full bladders straining out of the box. Huh.

Yea, I try to give them all privacy, but I always try to listen to that lovely sound of a stream of urine! I think I am weird!

He seems to be making up for lost time yesterday and today. Nice size clumps!

Boy, I sure hope that this is behind us soon too. Thanks for the vibes!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad Beeba is feeling better!

Each cat will react differently to the pain of UTI. Some cats will look for soft things to pee on. Some cats will come up and pee right in front of you, in an effort to say "Hey, something is wrong".

Baby (rb 1/98 ) did that. Jumped right up on my desk where I was writing and peed on the page.

On the other hand, Ootay (rb 5/09) and Jennie and Mazy all just ran frantically from box to box straining.