Beds are not litter boxes.

skits

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have a 5 year old cat (well turning five on the 23rd) named Bella. She was our first cat and she would do fine in her litterbox apart from her revenges
(She pooped on my dads pillow when he got mad at her once
).

My parents divorced and my mom took Bella with her, but she constantly would use the beds as her litterbox so my mom gave her back to us thinking she was doing that because she was miserable living there. We brought her back though, it's been 2 months or so now, but she still hasn't dropped the habit. She goes on the beds and on the couch once in a while. We thought it might of been because we had her litter box somewhere else so we moved it back into the bathtub where she used to have it, but she still doesn't go in it.

My dad keeps threathening to throw her outside because he's fed up of it. I need advice on what I can do.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps a vet check up is in order - not everything has to do with behavioral issues - a lot of the time there's an underlying health issue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skits

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the tip. We're going to bring her for a check up really soon. I was thinking it was behavior though, as she started doing this as soon as we moved her to my mom's appartement. We closed off the room to the bed where she usually peed on and bought in a new matress, and she hasn't peed anywhere since.