Bed time manners

llinda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have two new kittens about 3/4 weeks apart in age. During the first week of Cleo she peed I the bed. My husband was not happy. I was at work. Cleaned up and it never happened again but he did kick her out. When she would fuss. Now we have Samson our first week. And I just felt a surprise. I was sleeping. And he was the only one in room so I'm guessing it was him. Now I know now my husband felt. Any help or ideas. I've cleaned up and locked all babies out so I can go back to sleep for now

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Linda,

I'm sorry to hear your having this problem. Having been peed on myself I can sympathise...it's not nice.

New kittens are a bit clueless about the litter box and so will pee wherever smells right to them. If Cleo peed the bed the smell of her urine will still be there so Samson thinks it's the right place to go.

Just washing the sheets won't work. You need to use an enzyme cleaner to really get rid of the smell. Cat's nose will be able to detect it, even if the sheets smell really clean to you.

Do you have plenty of litter boxes? With little kittens one in each room might be a good idea, they can't always make it to the litter box in time if it's a long way from where they are. They're kind of like little kids in this respect.

You could try a kind of cat litter called Kitty Attract. The smell makes them want to use the litter box rather than the floor or your bed. Also, if they have any other "accidents" use a piece of kitchen paper to blot it up and put the paper in the litter box. It will help them get the idea.

Good luck, let us know if that doesn't work.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm confused. Who pee-d on the bed? Cleo or both of them? Are you absolutely sure?

Also need more info. How many times has this happened so far? Are there any big changes in your life? When did you get both kittens?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

llinda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cleo peed about a week ago and just brought Samson home 1 week ago Cleo is 10 weeks and Samson is 7 weeks old. I took everything off and washed again. I got another liter box and now have lights on at night for them. So far so good thanks for the feed back hope it works

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
A few accidents are to be expected when they are that young and in a new home. If it happens again you could try leaving them together in one small room at night with their litter box, bed etc until they get the hang of things.

Hope you don't have any more problems.