Bed sheets....

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 cotton sets that I use summer and winter. They consist of a fitted sheet, a duvet cover that I use as a top sheet in the summer and two pillow cases. It's still hot here and although it's 3am I've got my air conditioning on as it's hot. I also sleep in a summer nighty the whole year round. I get too hot otherwise.
All my nighties are gifts from a male friend in Virginia. We've never met.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I don't know how some of you use flannel! It sounds cozy to me in theory, but I would be sweating all night. I have to keep my house at 63 degrees to be able to sleep comfortably. 
I'm just always cold
You don't want to see what I have on the bed in the winter: flannel sheets, a comforter (one of the thin-ish ones from a bed-in-a-bag set), a heavy goose down comforter, a wool blanket, the cats' microsuede blanket (that only covers the foot of the bed), and two cats
And yes, the heat is on set to 65 at night.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When I changed the bed sheets, I put the electric blanket on the bed yesterday. And turned both sides on High right away. Last night, after supper, the cats went back to the bedroom, hopped up on the bed and zonked right out. When they're cold, they curl up tight. But I could tell they were warm because they were all stretched out in various poses on the bed. Even Amber Louise went to bed....and she doesn't do that often. They all love the electric blanket (and so do I). 

I went back to bed last night and the blanket was turned on. I put the covers back and crawled in and it was like.....ahhhhhhhh. So nice, so warm. I did turn the blanket off around midnight or so because it had gotten too warm. But I'll take warmth over cold any day.

We're trying to go to the end of October before turning the heat on in the house. But I have a feeling we won't go that long.

I love all the pictures! That Sparkle is a neat cat. She lays the way our Banshee used to lay. Flat out so the tummy is showing. Love those fluffy bellies.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester

Not being nasty but you're aaaaaah reminded me of my mum. That's what she did every night when she got into her hot bed. I can't bear anything hot in bed even in the winter, except for the cats.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't sleep with an electric blanket all night, or all over. . .but I do have an electric throw that stays on for 3 hours, so that's just enough to warm my feet or shoulders as I fall asleep, but it turns off before I get too hot. It's wonderful! I hate getting into a chilly bed.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I really like the Better Homes and Gardens (400 thread count) Egyptian Cotton Sheets! Not a bad buy at about $50 a set.They are so easy to care for and last forever - not to mention they feel so crisp! I have three sets: one on the bed, one for routine linen changes, and one for 'accidents' ... like the night Kricket decided to gift me with his dinner-coated hairball!  I have one pale sage green set and two ivory sets. I did have to go out and purchase extra pillow cases because I have four pillows on my bed.

While I detest cold weather, I can't stand an overly hot bed. During the summer, I just have my flat and fitted sheets on the bed (my bedspread is folded down to the bottom of the bed at night) and the a/c is on. I start out under the flat sheet but, by morning, it is always kicked off to the side. The same goes for in the winter - on occasion, when the temp drops below freezing - I might start with a light thermal or fleece blanket over the flat sheet, but it is almost always kicked off with the sheet by morning. 

I live in a 3rd floor apartment and there is an elderly lady who lives below me. I swear, I think she must have her heat set on 90 in the winter! I rarely have to even turn my heat on, unless it drops below freezing, and the temp in my apartment usually hovers at about 68F degrees. I like sleeping in a cool bed in a cool room. In the morning, I will jump out of bed, run into the bathroom and turn on the infra-red heater in the ceiling to warm it up a bit before I get in the shower. 

I cannot stand to have my sheets tucked in and I always have to have at least one foot outside the sheet! Otherwise I feel trapped and mummified! LOL  I usually sleep in cotton boxers and a tee-shirt all year round.

For you 'freezy-cats' - when I was a little girl, I remember my Mom would always blow a hair dryer under the sheets before we hopped in bed to make it all toasty and warm. She would do the same thing to our socks in the morning when we woke up for school. She would warm our socks and slips them on us before our feet hit the cold floor. The blow dryer was our 'alarm clock'.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

For you 'freezy-cats' - when I was a little girl, I remember my Mom would always blow a hair dryer under the sheets before we hopped in bed to make it all toasty and warm. She would do the same thing to our socks in the morning when we woke up for school. She would warm our socks and slips them on us before our feet hit the cold floor. The blow dryer was our 'alarm clock'.
Sometimes I take one of my cats' Snuggle Safe pad and use it to warm up the bed