Bed sheets....

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am curious.  How many sheets do you have for your  bed, no one else's.  I have a total of 4, two for the summer which are cotton and two for the colder weather which are flannel.  I just put on my flannel sheets for the first time since the summer has ended.  How many do you have?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a king sized bed and use our linen bedding every day, no matter the season. Love love love the linen! We also have a set of white cotton flannel sheets for backup. When we moved this summer, I put a set of navy blue cotton sateen sheets in the donation pile... I'm trying to make a healthy house and don't want us sleeping on all that dye.

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have three full size beds in my house. My sheets are all interchangeable to use on any beds that need changing. I do prefer all cotton sheets and flannel ones in winter. So my sheets are not specific to my bed only. I believe I have two beige sheet sets, one peach color set, two sets that are multi colored.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I have 4 sets for our room.  All are sateen cotton, decent thread count (400) and extremely soft and comfy.  All different colors that coordinate with our blankets and comfortors/duvet.

There's 2 sets for the guest room - it's a different bed size.  No need to have more than that since we don't put people up very much. It's usually just my BF's daughter that stays over.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think 9 sets for our queen-sized bed. We have four flannel sets (one is purple with white dots, one is green plaid, and two are different snowflakes), four linen sets one is peach flowers, one is blue-striped, one is multi-striped and one is blue-checked), and one green silk set.  Cripes, I didn't think we had that many. 
 We don't use the silk sheets anymore, simply because of the cats' claws. But I am constantly changing our sheets around. I saw some really nice red-and-blue plaid sheets in the JCP catalog that I'd like to get.  We only buy sheets when they're on sale, never pay full price. A couple of the flannel sets were gifts from my aunt from years ago....they're still in great shape and we still use them.

Our bed is the only bed in the house.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only use flannel sheets, even in the summer. Smooth woven sheets feel sticky when I'm sweaty. . .I think flannel keeps me cooler :D. Although I think real linen would be OK too, but yikes, the price!

I have 3 sets. One is plain, a nice sage-y light green. One has snowflakes on it, and one is blue plaid. Costco has high-quality flannel sheets for a good price. Before Costco opened in the area it was hard to find decent flannel sheets that didn't cost a fortune.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have 3 sets since we upgraded to a king size bed a few years ago.  2 are summer weight and one set is flannel for winter.  We will use the lighter weight sheets in winter also though.  I've discovered I really like the feel of good sheets; so I try to keep my eye out for another winter set on sale. 

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 2 cotton/sateen sets for my bed. But I honestly barely use the second set. I just wash sheets every Saturday and put them right back on my bed. I HATE folding sheets. :)

I don't know how some of you use flannel! It sounds cozy to me in theory, but I would be sweating all night. I have to keep my house at 63 degrees to be able to sleep comfortably. 

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
5  I think. I have two cotton sheets and 3 flannel sheets. I should change the current sheet to a flannel one soon. It's getting cold

I love the patterned sheets at The Company Store but they're really pricey
The sheet size I need is hardly ever available on clearance.
Originally Posted by Paiger8  

I HATE folding sheets. :)
Arrggghh... I hate folding fitted sheets too
I've seen videos on how to fold fitted sheets but it's impossible for me to do. It's the elastic corners that are a pain.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 5 pair;

med. yellow,

purple,

white w/ yellow paisley stitching on the top border,

a cream pair w/ a brown design on them,

& a sort of cornflower blue color that I love, the color is so pretty, but the last time I put them on, the fitted sheet felt "pilly." I've only had them around a year, & are a decent thread count, so don't know why.

I had to take them right back off, & change them. :(  was so disappointed.

I have 3 different bedding sets, 4 if you count the plain white comforter that goes inside a duvet cover.

I have a lightweight quilt for summer that has different shapes & paisley in it,

a purple & white comforter, one side is the white background, & the other side has the purple background.

The third is a duvet cover that I had made when I bought the fabric at a store that was closing yrs. ago. It has pale yellow & sort of taupe muted colors/designs in it. The fabric is heavy, so it is used only in the winter. 

I love having different ones to change out. I'd have more if I could.                

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Five for our King, two sets for summer and three for winter. I don't think we've used the one set of winter bed linens more than twice, though. They're extremely heavy flannel and just too much for a heated bed.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how some of you use flannel! It sounds cozy to me in theory, but I would be sweating all night. I have to keep my house at 63 degrees to be able to sleep comfortably. 
As I said, I actually find that I'm cooler with flannel sheets :dk:. My skin sticks to smooth-woven sheets, and that makes me feel a lot hotter/sweatier. I suppose I should point out that I only use the fitted sheet and pillowcases---I've never used flat sheets. If I have to buy a full set, I use the flat sheet as a bed for the cats :D. I suppose a bed fully made up with a flannel flat sheet would be pretty warm! But with just the fitted sheet and pillowcases, I find it pretty comfortable. I used to have knit cotton sheets (like a t-shirt) and those were nice too, but knit gets holes in it too easily :/. I guess it's just the smooth-woven cotton/polyester that I don't like. I would just DIE with satin sheets, LOL.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried flannel sheets ONCE....I was so hot with them!! and my pj's stuck to them!!

I am tempted to try them again, but I do not want to waste my money on something I would just throw out (donate) if they did not work out...

I have 2+ sheet sets for my Queen size mattress. I have to get another fitted white sheet and then I will have 3 sets for it. 

Still thinking about the flannel though... 

I have a semi-memory foam mattress with a latex core....not as hot as a memory foam (temper-pedic) and not as sinking as temper-pedic....but still warm... I get chilly on the top though.. I do wear a cotton top with a light flannel bottom pc's for the winter. I set my temp at 70 degrees...

Had to break down this morning and put the heat on..it was 66 degrees in this apartment, very windy and damp...near beach in North east....I have it on now; but will sht it off as soon as I get up..too early for it... but I was very cold today...even with a sweatshirt and a quilt while I was on line...

Hopefully this week will br a bit warmer and more seasonable..

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like flannel sheets. I put them on when the weather gets warm and enjoy them until I wake up too hot. Then it is time to change again. :lol3:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Make that 6 sheets total. I just found another flannel sheet that I forgot about as I was pulling out boxes from under the bed. I ended up chaning the current cotton sheet to one of the autumn-y pattered flannel sheets

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Aw, I love the beautiful cat adornments with the sheets!  

I am not sure how many total sheet sets I have (foo few, for sure) but I love crisp cotton and also the inexpensive "T-shirt" cotton jersey sheets.  I usually try to find those in a polyester blend so they'll last longer.  
LOL! thanks!   I love the jersey sheets too. I don't have any flannel ones ..yet, but have been looking. I kind of like the blue ones w/ white snowflakes on them for  the holidays. Then, I would just use my  white comforter. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I also keep my heat way down or turn it off completely during the night.  I also get too warm very fast but the flannels do not make me sweat at all,  They are so soft and comfortable and believe me, I do get hot very fast but flannel works for me.