Beauty Kitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, today Beauty (I just am having trouble with the name Ally) is going to see how enclosure.    She is loose in the house right now with all our dogs and doing great.   She slept on our dauchaunds staircase last ngiht which isi at the food of our bed last night.  She woke me again this morning meowing and purring.  She is going to be fine.  She just needs some weight on her.  In another forum, someone suggested eVO for weight gain, so I am going to get her some of that.

I also ordered her a months supply of Wild Kitty Cat Food....  I'll make her a chicken diet of that.  It should be here in a couple days.  She just needs MORE than the others right now.  

I actually think her haircoat and her breathing are a little better this morning too.  . 

Husband is going to check the live traps on his way to work.  I am working 4-00 tonight, so I can check it a couple of times later on...

jenn

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I caught something but it was not a kitten.  It was a possum....  Husband said it was so fat that he was not sure how it even got in the trap.  He propped the door open with a stick so it could escape.  He said the other food has not been touched. 

What I am going to do is take the traps up, and put a winter shelter in the shed and keep feeding them.  Maybe before winter gets here and they are relaxed and have forgetten about the traps I can catch them...

I think, but I'm not sure, but I think they have access to getting under builids in the area as well. 

Last edited:

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have some new pics...  These are Beauty's first pics in the enclosure...  She let me carry her outside, non scruffed, with absolutely no problems, which affirms to me that she was someone pet at one time.

She did awesome but she did seem confused at first.  She searched every corner and then finally lay down.  Today she is a black kitty....hahaha....All in all, she is doing awesome.  She is laying back under my feet.

That's Beauty back behind Star.  Star is my feral of 12 years.

Loving the fact she can hide in the grass

Can you see her eyes?

Staved little cat...

I think she is beautiful.  She has a regal strut...

I came inside a bit and left her with these three.  They are the three oldest cats.  Star (12-13), Toe (12-13) and Yellow(17+).

Wondering where all the bldg's went.

This is who all she met today, but I ran them out of the enclosure before I came in for a moment leaving her with Toe, Star and Yellow.  Don't want to spook her or overwhelm her..   She has met nearly everyone, but for a few...  Dovey was off hunting or whatever she does when she's gone.  I don't see buddy in the mix.  He is probably off in the woods too or napping in the back of my pickup.  I was standing behind Beauty when I took this.  This is as close as she got to them.  They just ignored her or acted unaware of her presence.  

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fantastic photos!!!!!!!! OH MY Beauty seems to be well accepted :clap::clap::clap::clap: Love Beauty's eyes and did see her in that one photo in the long grass. :D I always enjoy seeing photos of your kitties and your superb enclosure. It is really wonderful to see the kitties all getting along so well.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you FeralVr!!!
  And yep, she does seem accepted, even by the dogs.  They KNOW she is new, but they are used to that and understand she needs help.  I really think they  know.  Good to hear from you!!!!

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
okay, I sat out there and talked and called for an hour after work.  It's 10 min till 2am and I'm home now.  Got home 30-40  min ago or so.  Going back in the AM to try and get them.  In the feral portion a woman had an idea about mama in a crate at the end of the live trap and covering it with a blanket.  I'll try it in the morning.  Tonight I know they're there with shelter and they have eaten two bowls of kitten chow.  It's all I had in my car.  I saw the eyes of one by flashlight.

When I got home, little mama was in the chair waiting on me.  She has since followed me around the house close.  I mad a sandwich and she jumped on the counter.  I type and she sits on the keyboard.  I go to the bathroom and she watches.   hahaha.......  She is just precious and she is so proud to have a home.

Here's her evening pics.  She is already looking so much better.  Still skinny but I've been giving her fish oil both days I have had her and great nutrition of what I can get down her and she appears to be t thriving.. Her hair looks better and smoother.  Just everything about her looks better.

This is annabelle and ally.  Annabelle was a cat I found on the road at 4am that had been hit by a car, three years ago.  Her tail is amputated due to that. Her tailbone was broken and her teeth were inpaled through her tongue and one hip was cracked.  She stayed at the hospital for over a week after surgery and when I brought her home, they weren't sure if she could walk or not.  At home I put some really good smelling food a foot from her and she "forced herself" to stand and go to it, crying. It was so hard to watch her.  But she is a survivor.  She hurt so bad.  It's a wonder she lived. After those first steps, she progressed rapidly.  She still doesn't like to be touched at the base of her tail and scratched like most cats.  I think it hurts her.  I found her a "great home" after she healed and then early last February, they asked me to babysit her for three weeks while they went out of town, and they never came back for her. They came back, but not for her. I   For the first two months, we called and called and they always had some excuse and we were very understanding.  I've had her 8 months now, since finding her this great home, and if they call now, they can't have her, because they don't care about her at all.  They have not contacted me in 6 months about her.  Every contact that was made, me or my husband instigated.  And I paid to have her fixed, her surgery and all her medical bill when she was hurt.  I figure she's mine now.  The woman is a friend of mine on facebook and I just watch her posts but she doesn't say anything to me....  It burns me up... Annabelle is not disposable. I tried and tried to find her original owners as I thought someone owned her.  She was not microchipped and nobody in the area knew anything about her or wanted to claim her ...  And so there she lays on my chair with Ally aka Beauty --  She's an outside kitty by day and an inside kitty by night.  She loves the woods.  But if she climbs a tree, the ladder comes out because she can't get down.  She doesn't venture far thank goodness.   And JJ, my three legged guy, gets on our roof.  We have to get him down too.  Not sure how he gets up there....

And here's our wide eye'd look.  I love her little silver chest.

And this is our "after getting petted look"...... awwwww....  She looks like she is cared for now...  Just got to get her reunited with her little ones.

Last edited:

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's asleep now.  She ate a few bites of snacks before crashing.  She had a little beef broth and some cheese.   She is so wasted.. Absolute skin and bones.. I can't wait to see her fat.  I  have never seen a cat this skinny.. It doesn't look like it here but she is a long cat... I wish I could have gotten pics of her at first.  She really does look better now, but when she she lays flat, you can just see it.  It is pitiful.   This is why she is grateful.  She was nearly dead when I got her.  This is why I have to get her young babes.  She was struggling and trying so hard. Being already so wasted and trying to nurse just took it out of her.  Her babies, or at least the one I saw are much fatter than she is.  And her little tongue is hanging out.  She just purrs when you pet her.  I have given her antibiotics the last 4 days and her breathing is better.  In a couple weeks, I am going to worm her again to make sure I got everything.  She is flea free from the comfortis. I suspect she would already have passed if I had not intervened.

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's asleep now.  She ate a few bites of snacks before crashing.  She had a little beef broth and some cheese.   She is so wasted.. Absolute skin and bones.. I can't wait to see her fat.  I  have never seen a cat this skinny.. It doesn't look like it here but she is a long cat... I wish I could have gotten pics of her at first.  She really does look better now, but when she she lays flat, you can just see it.  It is pitiful.   This is why she is grateful.  She was nearly dead when I got her.  This is why I have to get her young babes.  She was struggling and trying so hard. Being already so wasted and trying to nurse just took it out of her.  Her babies, or at least the one I saw are much fatter than she is.  And her little tongue is hanging out.  She just purrs when you pet her.  I have given her antibiotics the last 4 days and her breathing is better.  In a couple weeks, I am going to worm her again to make sure I got everything.  She is flea free from the comfortis. I suspect she would already have passed if I had not intervened.

:bawling: OMG she IS so very thin. AWWW hun, you are seriously an angel and kitty savior. My heart is overfilled right now at your story and how you are saving her and her babies. I am praying my heart out tonight for her. Please keep the updates coming in. :touch: :hugs: :heart3: :vibes:

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still no babies.....  I have seen TWO.  And that's all there are.  Tomorrow evening she starts on EVO canned.  I am still waiting for a raw food stuff to be mailed to me that I make at home for her. 

Weather is fixing to change and cold is setting in.  I have two traps set right now....  But I am having second thoughts about HOW I am going about this.  Kitten, even feral kittens, are still just kittens.

I have two thoughts on the trapping process.  I am going to change my stratedgy.   I am going to start feeding them in the traps so they get used to them.  I could even put what looks like a bed in the back of it.  It needs to become their den.  Water bowl, food, etc.....  and then after they get relaxed as far as eating in them, then set them.  Start by putting their food in the edge of it.  And slowly move the bowl backwards a little every day. 

I'll wait till Sunday morning.  If iI don't have them by sunday morning, this is what I'll do...

I am also thinking of putting a little catnip in there as well.  Letting mama walk in, so babies see that it's okay.......

One of the traps opens on both ends.   I could actually wire their current bed on to the end of it.

I am trying to think of a plan b....  But I  need to do more than what I am doning now.  It has been three days and it's not working.

margaretl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
WOW! So great to hear such good news -- glad you didn't give up! How did you catch them?

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first one I caught yesterday evening. It was on a table eating with the mama and her body was blocking it's view of me, so I snuck over there and snagged it and crated it.
And then I left two traps baited for the second. Since mama was not there nor the other kitten, I guess it stayed at the eating place. When I got there this morning, it was in a trap....

This pic is after they have calmed down. For a while they stayed behind the bed and then they discovered this spot. Yah!! Mama is really watching them. They are just so cute. I just keep watching them and talking to them. They are doing amazingly well considering all.

And I got to touch this one.

This is the first one I got. The one I scruffed. His little legs went stiff and splayed all out.

And this is the second one right after getting home. This one screamed all the way home.