Beautiful cat in Austin needs rescue! Hurry!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mikeanderson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
^^^ Not that I'm aware of.

I'm just as curious to know what's going on.

And still kicking myself for not having taken care of this myself when I was down there...

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MeowsersMom

I can possibly have some college friends check out the area if it's still needed. I also volunteered at the Austin Humane Society for 4 years. They are a no-kill shelter and I would be willing to give them a call.
maybe this is a good possibility?

mikeanderson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Once again, he was hanging around in the neighborhood of Suite 301. Go into the parking lot, take a left, go down to the end, and it's on the left.

If he isn't there, check back a few days later. It's possible he hooked up with another couple of tenants for a few days, just like he did to us.

I promise, if someone finds him, I'll pony up for all the costs of sending him here (including vet bills, all travel costs, food, whatever).

mikeanderson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, I haven't heard anything.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My friend from the Austin area just called me.... Fri. 9PM.

She is going out to dinner in Austin with her daughter and will stop by the Summerfield Suites after dinner and try to find your cat Mike.
I gave them the latest info. that you added about how to locate him.

If they succeed, they will call me so I can give them your phone #.
Either way....she will call me tomorrow & I will post here about what they found.

My fingers are crossed.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mike,
This is the e-mail message that I received from my friend, when I came on line this morning.
She sent it late last night.

"hello.. didn't find him but I will go back tomorrow.
have to go to sleep i'm dying!!!"

It was late when they went to the Summerfield Suites last night, she had, worked all day and must have been very tired.
Because it is now the weekend, I hope that she will go back into Austin and try one more time.

Mike, have you called the manager of the Summerfield Suites and given them the relevant info. about this kitty.
Maybe you could offer a small reward to their employees if they find him and take him to a vet for you.

Also...a call from you, to the Austin rescue group that Gaye found, requesting that they call you back collect ASAP, might help.

Amazing things have happened because TCS members don't give up....
Lets find this kitty...he has a forever home waiting.

mikeanderson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Because it is now the weekend, I hope that she will go back into Austin and try one more time.
OK, keep me posted.

Maybe you could offer a small reward to their employees if they find him and take him to a vet for you.
I've done the reward thing before, and unfortunately people are quite likely to send you a random cat... Not that it would be so bad to help save a random cat, but I don't have the means to deal with ferals or other ill-tempered kittles unfortunately. (I already have multiple cats, and integration with them is a serious concern for my wife.)

Also...a call from you, to the Austin rescue group that Gaye found, requesting that they call you back collect ASAP, might help.
I'd be happy to do that. Gaye, can you tell me who the group is, exactly?

Thanks.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mike,
My friend from the Austin area finally called.
Late last Fri night she drove all around the building area that you stayed in and did not see any kitties.

Because it was so late she did not get out of her car.
That does not mean that they were not there...
but she did not see any cats at all.
If she goes back to look, I will let you know.

Whatever happens, I know that there is a kitty out there just waiting to join your loving family.

mikeanderson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK, thanks for the update in any case.

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
I just read this whole thread.

Good for you mike for trying to save the little kitty.

I don't want to be a damp squib but he could have been picked up by another guest,or maybe he went home to his 'owner'
I do hope you find out where he is because I know you will always worry what happened to him.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and 'the grey little man'

{{{{sending many many be found vibes to the Little Grey Man
}}}}

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

any progress?
yes, continuing to send {{{{prayers and vibes}}}} that Mike's gray kitty gets found.
BTW, have you checked out on any of the Austin pet-finder sites, in case another guest turned him in to a shelter?