Bbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's -20 here today, and I really don't want to go to work. My joints already hurt and I haven't even been in the cold yet.

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

They are calling off some schools up north (MN) because its so cold!
My BF's family is from Northern MN and they are having wind chills of -50F

We are freaking cold but the worst part is all of the lake effect snow on top of it. We had a blizzard warning Saturday. All schools are closed here due to the snow AND the cold. (Why can't companies close too.....)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittergirl

All schools are closed here due to the snow AND the cold. (Why can't companies close too.....)
I'm with you on that Jodie!

My car *barely* started this morning and I actually planned ahead and let it warm up for 1/2 an hour before leaving.

Even B's volunteer programs got cancelled for today (AND tomorrow!)

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

But tomorrow the Bears stomp the Colts, so all will be warmer up in Chi-town!!
There was a joke going around about the Colts winning the Super Bowl and heck freezing over. I guess the Devil is chattering his teeth right now!

Originally Posted by Dragoriana

100 degrees!
can anyone ship me over to the u.s??!?!
We'll gladly take 30 degrees or more from you! PLEASE!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by lookingglass

It's -20 here today, and I really don't want to go to work. My joints already hurt and I haven't even been in the cold yet.
This has been so hard on my injured back.

Wish me luck. I have to go out to the van and get the cat food and toilet paper that I bought yesterday and forgot to bring in. Both need to warm up before we can use them.

Oh, highs today - 20F if we're lucky. At least the sun is shining.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Oh, highs today - 20F if we're lucky. At least the sun is shining.
Topaz better amble on over to the cafe and snuggle with Bijou - it's cold here too and he's in the cuddle up mode. He slept under my chin last night all covered up under my blankets.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea I've felt bad for the cats. We have the house up to 71 one now and they're STILL pressing themselves against the registers.

The house is comfortable for us, but Luna still does her "Happy Heat dance in front of the register.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, we're on day 3 of Long Underwear.

Daaaahhhhh! I had to wake up to take the little girls to school this morning...I walked the two blocks over there only to find the little girls already dressed, packed with hair brushed and anoouncing "Mommy is going to drive us today!"

Ugh. Ya think you could've taken the 2 seconds to call me and tell me you didn't need me so that I wouldn't have to expose myself to -20 wind chills? Geez. I'm so glad that I'm moving on to bigger and better things.

They never close the Chicago Public Schools...in some neighborhoods, you'd have kids with nowhere safe and warm to go during the day if they closed. So the kiddos had school this morning.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
here is our temps:
the temp is 15 degrees, but it's so windy that it feels like ZERO!

and tomorrow....the temp will be about 8 degrees, feeling like negative 4!

Today, I wore my black boot cut leggings, a purple boucle sweater, and my purple uggs.....I dare anyone to say anything about there not being a "casual Monday"

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

and my purple uggs.....
Uggs = totally worthy purchase.

I got a pair from my G-ma and I cannot imagine trying to walk in this weather without them. I'm also HAPPY about how much of my hard-earned cash has ended up with The North Face. Compared to my generic department store boots and coats, there actually IS a difference, I'm sad to say!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brrrr.....cold here in New Hampshire as well and we will soon be getting all that cold Canadian air - thanks alot! I guess this makes up for the very mild November and December that we had. The good news is that when I leave work at 5PM it is actually still light out! Hurry, hurry spring!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

Brrrr.....cold here in New Hampshire as well and we will soon be getting all that cold Canadian air - thanks alot!
We're getting it too but I thought it was coming from that US state of Alaska.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My server room is toasty warm.

Thats not good...

The air conditioning specific for that room stopped working because of how cold it is. The roof portion froze.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

My server room is toasty warm.

Thats not good...

The air conditioning specific for that room stopped working because of how cold it is. The roof portion froze.
Oh no!

On a similar note, as I walked by the Starbucks on the corner today, there was a sign on the corner saying that they couldn't make coffee today because the pipes are frozen!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought the cold air was coming from the arctic. So who do we blame? Santa Claus?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Oh no!

On a similar note, as I walked by the Starbucks on the corner today, there was a sign on the corner saying that they couldn't make coffee today because the pipes are frozen!
No coffee?!?!?!