Bathroom Etiquette?!?!

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Same here.I have to keep the toilet lid down at all times or Alley will dip her paws and snout into the water.Also is fascinated by the flushing toilet.She spends quite a lot of time lounging and playing in the empty bathtub (must be cooler there).Her toys are almost always in the tub.Her latest thing is "hiding" behind the semi-shear outer shower curtain and grabbing my hands and feet during my sit-downs.Forget about reading because she either bites or shreds on whatever book I hold.

I`m not complaining though.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always have company in the bathroom if I use the guest bathroom (much more convienant) instead of the bathroom off our bedroom. DH, on the other hand ONLY uses the one off the bedroom...he refuses to have any cats in there with him. It has something to do with dangling bits and sharp claws...guess I really can't blame him.

I have quite a few funny bathroom stories. One morning at our old house with only 1 bath, when Corky was still a kitten (well, about 4 months old) DH was in such a hurry to get in the bathroom he didn't shut the door all the way. I aways would leave the door cracked when I took a shower because Corky loved sitting on the side of the tub and watch the water. Well, Corky heard what she thought was the shower running, came tearing in and did a flying leap onto the toliet seat to get to the tub....only the seat, obviously, was up...so PLOP! DH was laughing so hard he couldn't stop what he was doing. So this poor little kitty was getting a shower of her own! Then she got a bath. Yeah, first thing in the morning, before any coffee and I'm giving a pissed off kitty a bath. So fun!

In the house before that, Harley was fascinated with the sink. He would stand on the back of the toilet and just watch the water. It had those handles with the levers you pull towards you to turn on the water instead of just knobs. I used to play with him turning them on and off. One day, I was sitting in the living room watching TV and I hear the water turn on. I walked in the bathroom, and here is Harley batting at the handles...he learned how to turn the water on himself! Unfortunately he never learned how to turn it off.

Oh, the stories go on and on.......

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I have quite a few funny bathroom stories. One morning at our old house with only 1 bath, when Corky was still a kitten (well, about 4 months old) DH was in such a hurry to get in the bathroom he didn't shut the door all the way. I aways would leave the door cracked when I took a shower because Corky loved sitting on the side of the tub and watch the water. Well, Corky heard what she thought was the shower running, came tearing in and did a flying leap onto the toliet seat to get to the tub....only the seat, obviously, was up...so PLOP! DH was laughing so hard he couldn't stop what he was doing. So this poor little kitty was getting a shower of her own! Then she got a bath. Yeah, first thing in the morning, before any coffee and I'm giving a pissed off kitty a bath. So fun!
And why were you the one giving kitty a bath instead of DH?