Bathing a 4-week-old kitten

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Any tips on how to bathe a 4-week-old kitten with fleas? How many days a week Should I do it? Would Dawn Ultra work, too?

Thank you for any and all replies!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep bathing to a minimum. Try a flea comb first. If you absolutely must bathe a kitten that young, first run the water until it's warm (a little warmer than baby bath temp is fine; cats run warmer than humans. But not too warm) then hold the kitten under the tap, starting at the neck and working back, so the fleas go back instead of on the head. Start lathering from the neck, rub it in as well as you can, and let it sit for a few minutes to drown all the fleas. Then rinse, again starting from the neck back. Don't get the kitten's head wet; if their head is dirty use a damp washcloth.

Kittens must be dried thoroughly. If the noise doesn't freak them out you can use a hairdryer on low, but be careful. Then put the kitten somewhere warm and draft-free until totally dry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you so very much for these detailed instructions! I have tried the flea comb. Since he's fur is still kind of short, it doesn't work very well. I'll keep trying, though. Thanks again!