Bath time

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I think we need a little more information.  

How much blood are we talking about?  A few drops or a lot?

Did Whiskers fight and scratch during the bath, and is it possible she injured herself doing so?

Have you checked her over for any injuries?

Does she seem her normal self now?  

Have you checked her box to see if there are any signs of spotting or blood in her urine?

It's really hard to know if this is cause for concern - I certainly hope Whiskers is okay!  She's a very pretty girl, btw.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

supercatlover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think we need a little more information.  

How much blood are we talking about?  A few drops or a lot?
Did Whiskers fight and scratch during the bath, and is it possible she injured herself doing so?
Have you checked her over for any injuries?
Does she seem her normal self now?  
Have you checked her box to see if there are any signs of spotting or blood in her urine?

It's really hard to know if this is cause for concern - I certainly hope Whiskers is okay!  She's a very pretty girl, btw.  :rub:
Enough blood to make a little bit of water pink but she didn't scrach too much I'm very lucky to not come out of that bathroom covered in blood,but she has a scratch on her left leg.
I thought she hit her head or something else.My heart stopped when I saw the blood.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Important Question:  Did she have fleas?  Because fleas make "flea dirt" which is digested cat blood, and when it gets wet, it looks like blood in the water.  I've had rescue kittens that looked like they were covered in black sand but it was flea dirt and the water ran red with blood when they were washed.  It's nothing to worry about in that case.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

supercatlover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Important Question:  Did she have fleas?  Because fleas make "flea dirt" which is digested cat blood, and when it gets wet, it looks like blood in the water.  I've had rescue kittens that looked like they were covered in black sand but it was flea dirt and the water ran red with blood when they were washed.  It's nothing to worry about in that case.
wow thanks I'm happy to know she isn't hurt!:)