bast's annoying behaviour

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
whenever i crouch down to pick something up or put something away, bast jumps on my back and lays down, i tell him to get off so i can stand up but he doesn't listen, i try to grab him from my back but he just nips me and my partner has to pick him up from my back, it's funny for a while but now it's getting annoying and his claws dig into my back lol

also when i pick him up he tries to crawl onto my back but i have to grab him so he doesn't do it, how do i stop him from doing this all the time?

also when i go out he keeps on going on the kitchen counters, i have sprayed pet behave spray on the sides but that doesn't last too long, he also goes behind the tv where there are wires and i am concerned for his safety i can't watch him while i am out so it gets more frustrating for me, my partner has suggested putting him in the hallway while we are out but that just makes him stressed when we do that and he starts to hiss because he can't get his way.

there is a cat that screams outside our block of flats at random occasions as they don't let the poor thing in so it screams constantly, i don't know if this is making my boy stressed and is changing his behavior, quite a few times this cat has left us a "surprise" at our door step to mark his territory and that is getting annoying too.

also another annoying habit he does, when i am sitting on my desk chair and trying to eat something he will climb up on the chair and sit on my shoulder and look at the food and me but i tell him no, sometimes he looses interest, but sometimes he is persistent so i give him a bit of meat so he would get down but i know he is going to do it again. ¬_¬

Last edited:

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the counter, try double sided tape alongthe edges. Cats really hate stepping on anything sticky.

Itdoes sound like his surprise by the dooris related to the other cat. He feels threatened and is trying to mark his territory.

I can't help with the food thing, as my kitten does that a lot, too. I have to shut him out of my room when I sit down at my computer to eat a sandwich.

It sounds like your cat is young based on his behavior. If that is true, he should calm down over time and not do the back jumping thing at the very least.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds to me like your cat needs more places to climb. Does he have a cat tree? 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me like your cat needs more places to climb. Does he have a cat tree? 

yeah he does, plus a few cardboard boxes that are placed near the window, he loves to sit  down on it and look outside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For the counter, try double sided tape alongthe edges. Cats really hate stepping on anything sticky.

Itdoes sound like his surprise by the dooris related to the other cat. He feels threatened and is trying to mark his territory.

I can't help with the food thing, as my kitten does that a lot, too. I have to shut him out of my room when I sit down at my computer to eat a sandwich.

It sounds like your cat is young based on his behavior. If that is true, he should calm down over time and not do the back jumping thing at the very least.
he is just over 2 years old so yeah, he is a young cat, and i cant win with the food because he will start screaming if i don't let him in lol

Last edited: