Basel cell skin cancer!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cancerous tissue is softer than other tissue...that's how a doctor can usually tell when he's "gotten it all" as he cuts. I used to puzzle over this, then finally I asked the doctor I was working for. The area usually fills in very nicely. I hope you feel better soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in the OR and they sent the pie shaped piece they removed right over to the pathologist and had it checked.He came back and said they had to remove abit more then checked that and gave us the all clear..

kimkats000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought mine was a pimple on my nose. It was very tiny. It would not go away no matter what I did as way of treatment. One day I rubbed it without thinking and it started to bleed. It would NOT stop bleeding. I had to walk around holding a tissue on it for over 2 hours before ti would stop. I was at the skin doc the next day and they did the surg. the next week.

I have ALWAYS put on sunscreen. I am the one that always make sure that every ones in our group has it on. I put it on first thing in the morning and every time we went out on the jetskis. I have dark hair and dark skin. My husband is the blond hair, blue eye, fair skin. I am the one that got skin cancer

Kim

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How uncomfortable.. and in more ways than one! Hope you are feeling better this Easter!

My grandfather died of malignant melanoma in his early 40's.. was always in the sun as a kid, but now I'm pale as a sheet!
Good vibes to EVERYONE here who has dealt with similar.. Here's to hoping it stays away for good!!