Barn Kitty MuuMuu's Thread

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some shots of Barn Kitty MuuMuu at work:

IMG_5799.JPG IMG_5805.JPG IMG_5803.JPG IMG_5802.JPG IMG_5800.JPG IMG_5801.JPG IMG_5814.JPG IMG_5815.JPG IMG_5816.JPG IMG_5817.JPG

She sure is a funny little cat, check out the photos below:

IMG_5808.JPG IMG_5811.JPG IMG_5809.JPG IMG_5810.JPG

^^^ "YOU PROMISED I COULD DRIVE THIS OLD BEATER MOWER, BOSS!!! C'MON, I GOT THIS!!!" :coolcat:^^^

IMG_5812.JPG

"OKAY, WHAT ABOUT THE SAND PRO? LEMME DO THE BUNKERS, BOSS!!!" :redcat:

P.S. Gotta run, it's payday so I need to grab some things from the store and get back to the ol' hacienda before it gets dark... quality time with the kittehs this weekend, WOOHOO!!!! I styled out MuuMuu with plenty of food, fresh water (as always) and a saucer of milk, so she's a happy barn kitty. Some of the other guys will be working this weekend so they'll keep an eye on her, 10-4? CHEERS!!! :petcat:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, little MuuMuu decided to hang out with me in the shop today... as an added bonus, there was no inmate crew to help my coworkers with mowing on the course, some fooliot escaped from jail so all the other inmates were locked down, LOL. I tried not to appear too happy when I heard this news, as my coworkers have it easier when some members of the inmate crew help knock out the mowing, weed whacking, etc. Truth be told, I had already vowed to not get into it with one or two troublemakers, though I often feel like backhanding them hard... this whole DOC (Department of Corrections) program is just part of the deal with the job, and I don't usually have to interact with the fools since they're assigned to course maintenance and not the shop, aye? But hey, I'll take an inmate-free day anytime, those days are the best because I have the shop to myself most of my shift, and I can spend quality time with MuuMuu like I did today. Here are pics of my little Barn Kitty:

IMG_6014.JPG IMG_6015.JPG IMG_6016.JPG IMG_6017.JPG IMG_6018.JPG IMG_6019.JPG IMG_6020.JPG IMG_6021.JPG IMG_6022.JPG IMG_6023.JPG IMG_6024.JPG IMG_6025.JPG IMG_6026.JPG IMG_6027.JPG IMG_6028.JPG IMG_6029.JPG

Hmm, I'd better break the pics into two posts, back in a moment with more shots of little MuuMuu enjoying herself... :cutecat:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Round #2 of MuuMuu pics today:

IMG_6030.JPG IMG_6031.JPG IMG_6032.JPG IMG_6033.JPG IMG_6034.JPG IMG_6035.JPG IMG_6036.JPG IMG_6037.JPG IMG_6038.JPG IMG_6051.JPG IMG_6052.JPG IMG_6053.JPG IMG_6054.JPG IMG_6055.JPG

She sure is a sweet little kitty... just had to share time at my desk with her today. What else do we have? Some shots of obsolete golf carts which will soon be auctioned off just to get rid of 'em, a shot of our shop from a different angle, and a shot of the reservoir or reclamation pond near the shop, it's filling up due to recent rains so the waterfowl are loving it, LOL. 🦆

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After all the recent rains, we have lakes in the sand traps and a new pond right by the maintenance shed or barn, here's MuuMuu checking out the ducks and other waterfowl in this new pond:

IMG_6302.JPG IMG_6303.JPG IMG_6305.JPG IMG_6307.JPG IMG_6320.JPG IMG_6325.JPG IMG_6326.JPG

Sure is cool to have another pond... not sure how long it will last, but it's totally Zen, LOL. MuuMuu sure likes hangin' out and eyeballing the waterfowl, it's like entertainment for the Barn Kitty. 🤹‍♀️

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Meet my latest rescue cat, seemingly abandoned on the golf course by some jerk... poor thing was starving, literally ate nonstop after I brought the kitteh to my house. The other cats are flippin' out, I guess this will be an interesting week, YEAH??? Think I'll keep this cat separated while I'm gone to work, I don't like how Crackhead is trying to bully this little 8-to-9-month-old kitteh... I've already schooled Crackhead hard, but I don't trust him enough to let him at this rescue kitty all day tomorrow while I'm gone.

Whaddy'all think? Make like The Offspring and "KEEP 'EM SEPARATED" or try the rapid introduction? I'm thinking safety for the smaller cat here... I brought the cat home from the golf course because the poor thing was skinny and obviously starving, yet she (?) is so affectionate that I can't believe she's feral, I think some clown dumped her just to get rid of her, GRRRRR!!! That golf course has heaps of wildlife too, plenty of coyotes seen by my coworkers early every morning...

That's why I didn't simply leave the kitteh on the course, it was a judgement call and I decided to bring this cat home, AYE??? She might not have survived another night out with the coyotes on the course, that's all there is to it... MuuMuu knows enough to get inside the barn before we lock it down, and the guys who show up in the morning will scare off all the varmints, no worries. Anyway, here's the newest member of our family, poor little thing ate nonstop after I set up food & water in my room:

IMG_6327.JPG IMG_6328.JPG IMG_6330.JPG IMG_6331.JPG IMG_6333.JPG IMG_6335.JPG IMG_6336.JPG IMG_6338.JPG IMG_6341.JPG IMG_6342.JPG

Now, my first impulse was to name this cat Faldo, since that hand was well-dressed & stylin', LOL, but I think the cat is female... would it matter, being named Faldo? What about some other golf-related name? Mulligan, for instance... I thought about Ace for a hole-in-one, but Ace sounds like a name for a slick individual, and this little kitteh is more of a sweetheart, not a shyster or hustler, LOL. Anyway, y'all tell me what name you think I should give this splendid little kitteh, she'll surely fill out with plenty of good food and care... she's so skinny and bony right now, you can't tell from the pics but she ate nonstop like a poor starving cat, look at the dry food spilled from the bowl and look at the empty bowl of wet food which she ate in record time. I tried to calm her down as she ate WAY too fast, but she hasn't thrown up yet, I think her body really needed that boost in nutrition. Alright, I'm back to my cold beer & Monday Night Football, just wanted to introduce this youngster to alla youse cat lovers, LOL. CHEERS!!! 🍺

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I felt compelled to bring her home, the golf course has a lot of critters & varmints on it at night, due to all the wildlife corridors... which reminds me, I never told y'all about our roadrunners, there are some healthy ones on the course and I always enjoy seeing them, but it's hard to get a photo of 'em because they're so quick. We have heaps of waterfowl on the course right now as well, thanks to all the recent rains. Reservoirs & ponds are full, and a variety of birds are drawn to these sites... we actually have a "Watchable Wildlife" gallery open to the public at the reclamation pond near our shed or barn, there are even framed holes in the chain-link fence so that photographers can set up fancy cameras with large lenses to take pictures and NOT catch the fence, LOL. :camera:

I kept the kittehs separated today while I was at work, but at some point I will have to let them mingle... they're all checking each other out tonight, which is good, no serious drama yet, I think Crackhead finally figured out that Faldo is a female, LOL. This young cat is such an energetic leaper & climber, she flies like Superman right off the deck and lands on tall tables, shelves, the bar, etc. Wait, I guess that would be Superwoman... WAS there a Superwoman? This little kitty is fast too, like greased lightning when she gets going... she'll run into a room and launch into flight, eventually landing on some elevated surface like it's no big deal, while all the other cats are staring at her in amazement, LOL. She makes a great bed warmer at night, she likes snuggling and the warmth is welcome... ☀

WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS TONIGHT, I'M JUST GLAD THERE'S NO MAJOR DRAMA BETWEEN THE CATS... 🎭

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, I'm watching football tonight (Cowboys at Bears) and enjoying a cold one after a long day at work, but I have some shots for y'all, taken this morning in my home, showing the progress made with my new youngster. I've decided to call her Mulligan, or Little Miss Mulligan, nickname Molly (close enough), LOL. You see, I was struggling with Faldo, and the definition of "Mulligan" in Noah Webster's book mentions "a second chance"---exactly what I'm giving this little girl who probably would've perished on the golf course.

MuuMuu is different, she's a tough cat and she knows how to work the course, avoiding those predators which come out after dark. In fact, she likes to be inside the barn when I lock up and leave (last man out), and I actually check to make sure she's inside for protective purposes. In hot months, she may stay outdoors all night, but it'll be high on a storage shelf under the large metal awning outside, and I'll figure out how to leave her some water... the mowing guys come in early every morning, so they'll open the barn and let her back in to access her food & water dishes.

Young Molly would NOT have done well in the shop, especially with all the machinery & equipment moving around... Molly is too friendly & trusting, she'd wind up in the wrong place at the wrong time and then bad things would happen. MuuMuu is experienced, the barn is her domain and she knows it well, and she knows when to disappear as carts & mowers & tractors start moving around, aye? So it was the right call to bring Molly home, here are some shots of her and the other kittehs having breakfast in the kitchen this morning... Crackhead is up on the counter as usual.

IMG_6373.JPG IMG_6375.JPG IMG_6376.JPG

Molly (or Little Miss Mulligan) is the lightest-colored cat in these pics, and thankfully she's filling out a bit after a couple days & nights of unlimited dry food, as well as bountiful plates of wet food, LOL. She was so skinny when I first brought her home, but I've been plying her with food to fatten her up pronto, 10-4? She gets along great with Tiger & Crackhead, there's still a bit of friction with Phoenix because this new youngster is the size of Phoenix... and little Phoenix is a bit leery of the newcomer, LOL. They'll be alright, the slight hissing on the part of Phoenix is already diminishing as she figures out the newcomer is no threat. Cheers!!! 🍺

P.S. Pics taken at 0600 hours during my usual morning routine... 🕕

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I should add that one of my coworkers brought in a piece of flamin' hot rock candy known as "The Toe of Satan"---made with extract from the hottest pepper in the world, Ghost Peppers have NOTHIN' on this "Carolina Reaper" or whatever it's called. Jalapenos, Serranos & Habaneros aren't even playin' in the same league, LOL... like Pop Warner to the NFL. Anyway, we had fun experimenting with this red hot candy, we all enjoyed some laughs as we each sampled the goods. Here are some pics of the ridiculously hot candy, a good novelty gift if y'all have friends or relatives who like hot & spicy food:

IMG_6378.JPG IMG_6379.JPG IMG_6380.JPG IMG_6381.JPG

Anyway, it was fun to goof off a bit, we even gave small chunks to the inmate crew with varying results, LOL. You heroes who like hot stuff, give this candy a try... I lasted about four minutes since I like hot stuff, but I finally spit out the remaining candy lump and gave myself a break, mouth on fire like a 5-alarm number in New York City, LOL. :fireblob: