Bare Escentuals

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried this makeup? A friend of mine gave me a "pot" (that's what they call it) of it last year b/c it was too dark for her and I was tan. I liked it okay. I got caught up in an infomercial and decided to try it again, except this time in a kit. I like full-coverage make-up and it comes with a brush called the Buki brush that's supposed to make the cosmetic full-coverage.
Its a tad bit too dark, but I plan to be tan soon enough, so hopefully, I'll like it a lot better then.
Its easy to put on and quick--which was a big seller for me! The only thing is, it makes me feel as though I look shiny. It really has helped my complexion though. Its purely natural, made out of minerals, so its safe to sleep in.
Just wanted some of your feedback if you've ever tried it.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not tried that brand, but I use a mineral makeup all the time. Physician's Formula makes one called Mineral Wear, and I love it. It stays on very well, never looks shiny, and is not nearly so pricey as the Bare Escentuals or another similar brand I tried. The blush is really nice, too. I use the palette with different colors.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe I saw an infomercial on this? Was it made out of ground seashells maybe? The models looked fantastic after it was applied, but it seemed pricey. And I'm just too old to bother anymore. LOL

jellilorum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I never actually wore makeup before this stuff. A couple of my friends have used this for years and they always put makeup on me when we would go out.

It seems expensive, but a little bit goes a long, long way and lasts for a long, long time. If you're not sure if it is for you I recommend buying sample sizes by way of ebay. If you live near one of their stores you can get a card that they stamp for every 10 bucks you spend which eventually leads to a discount.

I recently broke down and bought some for myself. It is one of the few brands that does not irritate my sensitive skin. The other day I actually put eyeliner IN my eye and did not even notice this until looking into the magnified mirror and seeing the brown smudge on my eyeball. It's that gentle. In the past I would put on mascara and it would itch and burn, not so with this brand.

Also, most of the colors of the eyeshadows, glimmers, blushes, etc look great on any skin tone. I am really pale with red hair, most makeup looks so wrong on me, but I am yet to find a Bare Escentual color that looks bad. Everything mixes and blends very well. For example, you can mix a couple of shades of foundations to create one that is perfect for you.

It's also really simple to work with. I had never even done my own makeup before I bought this stuff and recently several people have asked me to apply theirs!

A side note, hide your brushed from your cats! My babies love them and they are not cheap!

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

Has anyone tried this makeup? A friend of mine gave me a "pot" (that's what they call it) of it last year b/c it was too dark for her and I was tan. I liked it okay. I got caught up in an infomercial and decided to try it again, except this time in a kit. I like full-coverage make-up and it comes with a brush called the Buki brush that's supposed to make the cosmetic full-coverage.
Its a tad bit too dark, but I plan to be tan soon enough, so hopefully, I'll like it a lot better then.
Its easy to put on and quick--which was a big seller for me! The only thing is, it makes me feel as though I look shiny. It really has helped my complexion though. Its purely natural, made out of minerals, so its safe to sleep in.
Just wanted some of your feedback if you've ever tried it.
I LOVE Bare Minerals!!!!! I bought mine about a month ago and I swear, I will never use another makeup again! It has even improved my skin---my face is softer and I even use less moisturizer now. I don't really think it looks "shiny", I think it's more of a "healthy glow". The Mineral Veil should take care of the actual shine. I hope you enjoy your Bare Escentuals kit like I have!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a Bare Escentuals store here in Orlando and it's SO MUCH FUN to go in and shop around. I have actually never used their stuff before, but my best friend swears by them. If there's an actual store near you I absolutely recommend going down there and checking out what they've got there. It's all set up so nicely it makes it hard to NOT buy something!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really want to try them. my skin tends to be a little blotchy and I hate regualr makeup. after a couple hours of wearing most makeups, my skin feels like it wants to slide off my face. Mind you, I normally don't wear any makeup at all... so basically, my skin isn't used to it. But i think this stuff might be good for me and my skin. The fact that it's quick to apply is nice too... since i'm so low maintenance... at least in the beauty department...

Amanda

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always wanted to try it, but doesn't it only come in like 4 shades?

I'd be afraid I wouldn't get the right skin tone!

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like to try it. I bought a Neutragena mineral foundation that came as a brush with the mineral make up in it. It works great as a powder, but I don't feel it offers enough coverage as a foundation. I can't say enough wonderful things about what a great powder it makes for me to put on top of my regular makeup. I wish we had a Bare Minerals/Escentuals store because I'd love to try that stuff. I'm assuming it has better coverage, because it's so pricey. It's nice to hear that a little goes a long way.

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I actually bought the Sheer Cover kit a month ago which is pretty much the same as Bare Ecsentuals. I like it, it covers nicely, especially if you have any color flaws, and it feels very light on, like you're not wearing makeup. I don't care for the concealer though as it leaves an oily feel on my skin. If you have any lines (ie wrinkles
) it seems to make them look a little worse so I just have to watch how heavy I put it on around my eyes. I think it's MUCH easier to use than foundation!