Banks

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

A wire transfer is sent from one bank to another bank through FedWire. The funds are immediately w/d from the customers account, deposited in the banks wiring account and sent electrically to the receiving bank to disperse to the customer.

Personal accounts are NOT allowed to do wires online where I worked.
Arie...that bank needs to update their software but it's easier said than done.
Ahh, okay, yeah, mine were all same bank to same bank, although I did do one from my bank to another, but it was via phone. And the following attitude of mine isn't directed at anyone who works at a bank, has worked for a bank, or you Crazy... 'cause I know I'm about to be a little anti-bank below.

It may not be the easiest thing for them to update it, although I'd say that part of it is debatable as to whether or not that's an excuse for them, given what technology is these days, but.. the bigger thing here is given that they don't have their software updated... um, instead of taking it out on the customer they needed to engage in customer service and say, oh, you know what, we're sorry, it's our fault that you were able to make those because we didn't fix our software.. not "oh, it's your fault for using software we made available to you".

Heh, sorry, I'm full of angst for banks these days. I love their infamous "put it to the customer" routines. I've been dirt poor for far too long at times in my life to appreciate how difficult it is for a bank to get their act together especially considering how quickly they'll put it to a customer when the customer makes the tiniest mistake (and the bank takes complete and total advantage of it to the fullest extent).