Bandi ....Pet cow

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Oh my God, she is the cutest thing ever! How are cows are pets?
I can not believe your boss is doing that to you
, shame on him!
I sure hope you can keep her!
your boss is a greedy jerk, IMHO.

Bandi is adorable!!!! I bet she doesn't even know she's a cow!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No your questions are not dumb.

yes cows do startle I get kicked alot at work. But Bandi is very calm and has been around so much that she does not startle easy.

yep the calendar goes from July 2009 to Oct 2010 I wanted ppl to actually be able to use the first pic

although I have no Idea about international shipping. this is my first time doing this. I will look into it if you want!

you are right she has NOOOO clue is a cow! I will be bathing her tomorrow (I hope) and I should have some great pics!!!

Mandie

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok... since you say there are no dumb questions.....
Where does she sleep? Do you walk her? Do you take her to town?
Do you have other cows, or she is the only one? Does she respond by her name?

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL! She sleeps in our barn but its open so she is free to graze at night which she does.

Yes I do take her for walks! It helps to keep her hooves in shape. (less need to trim)

I only take her to town when I have to take her to the vet. which she need to do soon b/c she is due for shots!

Yes she responds to her name! I just give a holler and she comes running!

Yes I do have one more cow right now He is another Rescue from a neighboring farmer. one of his cows had twins but he didnt know. and the mother disowned the lil boy calf. Sadly the farmer had a family emergency and was at the hospital so no one notcied this calf untill he was three days old. He called me to see if I had any colostrum. He gave it to the bull and tried to get the mother to let him nurse. But by day 5 he was very sick so he called and asked if I could try to get him to live. so I drove over and picked him up. I ended up tubing him for 3 days b4 he showed any interest in eating on his own. He was scouring but he is ok now! The Farmer comes over and sees him now and then but he told me he is mine unless I sell him then he wants $50. Which is fair. both of his parents are REG. Sadly b/c his umbilical cord wasnt properly cared for he got an umbilical hernia and I had ot have him operated on, He is healing well.

Meet "Rascal"

Rascal knows he is a cow and Bandi just tolerates him. They are friends but I think Bandi finds him weird

I Had another Cow last year. She was a baby from a rescue. I bought a dieing cow from my boss for $1000 and she gave birth to a lil girl I named "Zoey" She would Have been 2 now and having her first Baby. I could ride her she was my first lil cow love. She got a cold and I had another vet at the time and I didnt know him al that well and It was a sunday and he was in a rush. He gave her a dose of Antibiodics called Micotel (sp) He made me real nervouse how rough he was (Im not very out spoken and I should have asked him to be more gentle). He stabbed the needle in her neck and injected. When he withdrew she started gushing blood b/c he had entered a blood vein. At he time I didnt think anything of it. He said she should be feeling better in a couple hours. he stood near his car and watched her (I should have thought better) Zoey collapsed and he rushed off. I put by baby in the barn and shortly after she started having seizures ..we called him back and he said he wasnt coming back that my cow was dieing. She died with her head on my lap. It was a horrible nightmare. I Never wanted a cow again ..then Bandi came into my life. I cant even type it without tears. Its been so long but the pain is still here. It took me weeks just to forgive myself for not giving the shot myself. I just didnt want her to think of me as the one hurting her. If I had he would have given me instructions that you have to pull back on the plunger to make sure your not in a vein.

This may seem pathetic to you but I love my cows as much as I love my kitty or dog they are my babies. Sorry for getting all mushy.

Mandie

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by naturesgift

This may seem pathetic to you but I love my cows as much as I love my kitty or dog they are my babies. Sorry for getting all mushy.

Mandie
To TCS'ers no one is ever pathetic for loving any animal. It's normal
to find all kinds of animal lovers here.

Oh and one more thing, never be sorry for getting mushy either. This is the best place to get mushy! We absolutely love mushy!

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
TY snosrap5 I really hadnt thought of the whole ordeal in awhile it was a shock to feel the emotions were just as strong.

This is Zoeys Memorial

Zoey was Special to another forum I was on. She was the forums cow
I had told them about her mom Clippy how she was going to be sold to be butchered. I had a feeling even in her bone skinnyness she pregnant. I loved her Mother "Clippy" I began to recieve random donations from people. And I was able to bring Clippy home a few weeks b4 she had her baby. Sadly she died a couple weeks after she gave birth. She had a tumor at the base of her spine.

But alot of ppl cried with me when Zoey passed. Though I wasnt online for 2 weeks after I let them know what happened. Then I made this memorial its her life piece by piece.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would like to request a
for those cuties

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Micotel - a reason you want to be careful with it and fast is because if you poke yourself with the needle it gives people a heart attack. it is actually very dangorous to give to calves because of the risk for people.

She is so cute! Looks so much like Dynamite, one of the calves in our barn right now. Dynamite had been born 24 days early and none of the workers thought she would live so they didn't do anything with her, just left her. My boss found out though and the workers got in trouble, and she ended up coming to the calf barn because according to our boss "They (me and my dad) can keep any calf alive". Now Dynamite is a month old and has such a personality too. She dances all the time (yes our calves dance
) and always wants more milk! Don't tell her that she is going to be starting weaning in two weeks...

I work at a dairy farm that has an average of one heifer calf per day. Barely any of our calves die - less than 1% of all the calves that come through the barn die while at our barn. I just wish that that was true for other dairy farms

I
calves so much.

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have any pics of Dynamite? she sounds like the first calf I got from my boss when I started working. Sadly she had pneumonia and it was to advanced and to late and she died within a few hours of me bringing her home.

Where you work sounds awesome! I helped out at another dairy barn that was the same way as yours. It was a breath of fresh air. Some ppl just become so numb, and when that happens they ought not work with animals or people.

Yeah I learned about all the dangers of Micotel afterwards. It will never be used here again unless as a last resort. My New vets treat my cows the same as they would treat the tiniest kitten. They are just awesome!