Bandage stuck on kitten fur

Dooly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 6 month old kitten just got spayed a week ago. The bandage over the wound that the vet used came loose thus I removed it, I did a check on the wound and it seems to be healing nicely.

The mistake I did next was using a band aid used for humans to cover the wound back up and now the adhesive is stuck onto the fur making removing it difficult and I’m afraid to pull on it and hurting her.
So the question is it alright to leave the band aid on and let it slowly peel off on it’s own? If not, what should I do next?

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you getting your kitten spayed. That's what a loving cat owner does.

Now, about the bandaid stuck on the fur . . .

Try rubbing mayonnaise, olive oil, or mineral oil on the area to make the adhesive less sticky.

Is her fur long enough that you can slide a comb between her skin and the bandaid, then cut the fur above the comb / under the bandaid to remove it. This also presupposes that she is such a calm young cat that she'll hold still for this.

Have a picture of your sweet kitty's face to share with us? Before and after pictures of bandaid on / bandaid off could be amusing too.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd contact the vet and ask for advice on how to remove the Human bandage without irritating the wound.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dooly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good for you getting your kitten spayed. That's what a loving cat owner does.

Now, about the bandaid stuck on the fur . . .

Try rubbing mayonnaise, olive oil, or mineral oil on the area to make the adhesive less sticky.

Is her fur long enough that you can slide a comb between her skin and the bandaid, then cut the fur above the comb / under the bandaid to remove it. This also presupposes that she is such a calm young cat that she'll hold still for this.

Have a picture of your sweet kitty's face to share with us? Before and after pictures of bandaid on / bandaid off could be amusing too.
Thanks!! The fur around her belly was shaved prior to spaying, therefore the comb under the bandaid method can’t be done sadly.
Some update, a quarter of the bandage seems to be peeled open. I guess I’ll just take the next few days to slowly make progress on getting the rest off. The kitten is also starting to lick the bandaid off too.