Banana Pudding VERY RICH

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a very rich and indulgent banana pudding! I created it kinda throwing this and that together over the years, this year I have been asked to bring it to my familys thanksgiving dinner... Will be posting pics when it is done later this evening :)

Ingredients:

2 Large boxes vanilla cook & serve pudding

5 Large bananas

8 oz sour cream

8 oz cream cheese spread plain

1 Box vanilla wafers

1 cup miniature marshmallows

Cook pudding mix according to instructions.

Once pudding is boiling, put sliced bananas in and let simmer.

Once simmered but still hot mix in melted marshmallow cream, melted cream cheese, sour cream, and 4 OZ cool whip.

Place a row of vanilla wafers in the bottom of a glass casserole dish or glass serving bowl.

Layer alternating with bananas, wafers, and pudding mixture.

Let cool in fridge for 2 hours.

Once cool, top with cool whip (For a festive alternative, you can try vanilla flavored cool whip or new sweet cinnamon cool whip!)

Top with cool whip and crushed up vanilla wafers & sprinkle of nutmeg & cinnamon!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds delicious!

Would you mind posting it in The Recipe Exchange? Or would you rather we move it over there? A recipe this delicious should not get lost!

I'd love to see pictures!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didnt realize we had a recipe exchange!! Sure I will post it over there!! Here is a pic

Last edited:

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a varied recipe of that. It isn't as sweet and it's not so bad on the waist line.

Ambrosia Squares

19 inch graham crumb crust
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 package (250g) cream cheese - softened
2 cups milk
1 package (6 serving) Vanilla Instant Pudding
2 cans mandarine orange segments, drained
2 medium bananas, sliced
2 envelopes prepared Dream Whip, each made separately
1 cup toasted coconut

Prepare a graham crust recipe, adding nuts to mixture.

Press firmly into 13x9 inch pan

Beat cream cheese until soft. Gradually add in 1/2 cup of the milk, beat until smooth.

In separate bowl, prepare pudding mix as directed on package, using remaning 1 1/2 cups of milk.

Add prepared pudding to cream cheese mixture in three additions, beating on low speed. Fold in 1 can drained oranges.

Layer bananas on crust. Spoon pudding mixture over bananas.  Spread prepared dessert topping evenly over pudding mixture. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Garnish with more orange segments.  Chill 4 hours. Cut into squares.  Serves 12.

I replaced the oranges in the pudding mixture with drained canned pineapple, either crushed or chunks. I've also added sliced strawberries to the crust layer with the bananas.

It's very versatile and the fruits can be varied in so many different ways.