Bambi!!

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Well, I went and looked around for the baby, but didn't see it any longer. I can only hope and pray that Momma came back for the little darling and the story ends happily ever after!
When (
<sigh>) I lived In Sleepy Hollow ( CA, Marin County) with my Mom we had a big place and the deer always came down from the hills to eat.

They would bring their fawns with them and hide them till they returned for them. Occaisionally a fawn would get frightened and move or a MOm would get killed but most times they got back together by nightfall!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

My guess is that you found a naughty baby. I think they are supposed to lay very still while Momma is away, and not show off how cute they are.

You could always call wildlife rescue, but I'll bet his Mommy is nearby!

Cute pics!
I have to agree. We have an orchard right next to some woods, and it's not unusual to find fawns hidden there. The vast majority of them stay put, but once in a while there's an inquisitive one that decides to explore while mama is out of sight.
You're right to be careful about the doe. We once saw a doe attack and seriously injure a child who got too close to her fawn. It was in a park up in Canada, and everybody went running when the little girl screamed, but the doe still managed to give her a real stomping. It was scary.

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aw! Those are beautiful pictures you captured! That little baby deer is the cutest!!! I hope it made it out alright!!!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Yeah, when I saw this little ones face, I kept thinking to myself, I wonder if you can domesticate a deer and make a pet out of it?? LOL I'm sure it's illegal and frowned upon, but it was/is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! Look at those big bunny ears!!

I will be going by there in a couple of hours, I'll let you know if it's there.
Baby horses are almost as cute, and they are supposed to be handled! If you are lucky enough to know anyone with horses, maybe you can ask for referrals for a cute fix. My quarter horse Babe was a wedding gift from dh's parents, and I still remember those first days, spending time with her when she was as sweet as a fawn.
Precious memories!