Bald patch

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May be just hair loss from a healing old wound. Is he in contact with other cats at all? I would dab on some human antibiotic salve (with NO pain killers which are toxic) or get some wound healing spray at a farm supply store and wet a cloth and dab it on. Cats hate the spray sound. If he develops another spot quickly, get him in right away, it is most likely ringworm then. An antifungal is needed then. A home remedy antifungal might work since it is on his head where he really can't lick it, but you could call your vet or take in that picture and see what they advise. If it is ringworm, the faster you start treatment the faster it can be resolved. Ringworm spreads VERY fast and can spread to you too, so watch closely for any new spots.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leseycatlover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just noticed a bald patch on my one year old cat, started small but in one day doubled in size. Any advise? Home treatment Gratefully received
May be just hair loss from a healing old wound. Is he in contact with other cats at all? I would dab on some human antibiotic salve (with NO pain killers which are toxic) or get some wound healing spray at a farm supply store and wet a cloth and dab it on. Cats hate the spray sound. If he develops another spot quickly, get him in right away, it is most likely ringworm then. An antifungal is needed then. A home remedy antifungal might work since it is on his head where he really can't lick it, but you could call your vet or take in that picture and see what they advise. If it is ringworm, the faster you start treatment the faster it can be resolved. Ringworm spreads VERY fast and can spread to you too, so watch closely for any new spots.
Thank you we have two cats approx same age nothing noticeable on the other cat, it doesn’t look like a wound or that it is itchy there’s no redness

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hair falls rapidly out when it's a healing wound too. If your other cat shows no patches, it most likely isn't ringworm, I hope so anyway! And ringworm is usually itchy.