Balancing Act

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been working on my former stray cat's confidence with climbing this summer. I've been leaving treats on top of wardrobes etc. to encourage him and help him feel more comfortable and happy with the indoors.

This was the first time he climbed up on to the bed post - all his own idea - I'm a proud mama. :clap:

Any balancing act photos of your own you'd like to share? :greenpaw:

IMG_20170830_095528.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
scraggles scraggles - I don't, but wow, is your big boy gorgeous! There's more than enough Maine Coon in him to fool any number of CFA judges. You'd better keep him hidden from mightyboosh mightyboosh ! Do you have an idea of his age and weight?
@1Cat... Your comment prompted me to weigh him - I've been meaning to get a recent weight for him for his flea medication - but, well, because it means weighing myself as well, well... let's just say it's a job that gets put on the long finger :scale:

I think he's on the small side of a big cat - he's lost a bit of weight over the summer for various reasons also - but anyway, it turns out he's a "slim line" 6.9kg (15.2lb) at the moment. The vet isn't sure of age at all really, - but guesses around three or four years old...

I've been an admirer of Mighty's Oliver since they joined the Cat Site have to say - very, very handsome boy!

No tree is too high, no branch is too thin. Buzz the daredevil.View attachment 194056
Very brave Buzz!! :clap2:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@1Cat... Your comment prompted me to weigh him - I've been meaning to get a recent weight for him for his flea medication - but, well, because it means weighing myself as well, well... let's just say it's a job that gets put on the long finger :scale:

I think he's on the small side of a big cat - he's lost a bit of weight over the summer for various reasons also - but anyway, it turns out he's a "slim line" 6.9kg (15.2lb) at the moment. The vet isn't sure of age at all really, - but guesses around three or four years old...
scraggles scraggles - He might very well still be growing, and preparing for his growth spurt - and 7kg is nothing to sneeze at. Maine Coons seem to grow quickly between ages 3½ and 4½ years - not quite to the same extreme as Weegies do from age 4 to age 5, but still they can increase almost alarmingly in their fourth year. This great hulking thing:

bob07.jpg

was a scant twenty pounds when he came into his fourth year, and then magically rocketed up over 35 pounds by age 5.

Your big fellow is positively stunning though - his colour pattern, and the sheer size of that bottle brush tail are really things of beauty to those who admire the giant breeds, and I love this photo of him:

photo4.jpg | The Cat Site

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
scraggles scraggles - I don't, but wow, is your big boy gorgeous! There's more than enough Maine Coon in him to fool any number of CFA judges. You'd better keep him hidden from mightyboosh mightyboosh ! Do you have an idea of his age and weight?
scraggles scraggles Yes you'd better hide him really well because he is outrageously beautiful. If you ever get fed up of him, he'd be a fine pal for Oliver and Chubchub. I think I've said a similar thing before on another thread but how can a cat like that ever be a stray?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
These are amazing photos! - true tightrope walkers! - :wow:

Missy reminds me of a toddler concentrating with the tongue sticking out :yummy: