Bah/humbug/halloween

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since Lore is no longer here to respond, I just want to point out that she had started her own thread about her kids and their Halloween birthday. I think she was just trying to inject a little fun and good cheer into this naysaying thread... why in the world would anyone take offense to that?

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only think I hate is the horror movies and shows that are one. I'm already scared of the dark, plus I hate horror movies. I went trick or treating until I graduated high school!! haha The one year I wasn't going to go then some friends dragged me out. we had a great time.. I put on my prom dress and went as a princess... haha it was great!! We basicly went around gathering, some candy but mostly more friends to run around with. The cheerleaders went around toilet papering the senior football player's houses.... they always get permission first. Those parents who don't give permission get a roll of tp on their front porch, on the roll with a senior sign. One dad, who was also a teacher thanked then because they were out! haha

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lore

GAWD... 'Cat People' As a whole it seems..., really seem to hate kids huh?
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Since Lore is no longer here to respond, I just want to point out that she had started her own thread about her kids and their Halloween birthday. I think she was just trying to inject a little fun and good cheer into this naysaying thread... why in the world would anyone take offense to that?
See her quote above - I don't see that post as "injecting fun and good cheer." It was more of a general accusation, the way I perceived it, targeted toward, and I quote, "'Cat People' As a whole..."

I had absolutely no issues with her posting her children's picture and mentioning that their birthday is Halloween - that couldn't possibly be construed as offensive. Rather, it was her later post with the editorial comment about us 'Cat People' hating children that I found to be out of context, hence my posts to that regard.

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, everyone is making a mountain out of a molehill here over that post. Jeeze guys! RE-LAX! No one was insulting anyone here!

Sounds like everyone here just needs a piece of chocolate.... hopefully there will be some left after the trick-or-treaters!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it is over,

I bought a bag of skittles (yuk) with 90 pieces, put it on the step with a lit pumpkin(electric) and forgot about it till 9pm. Now I know I did not have 45 kids, of even 30, if everyone took three pieces. So I am assuming the teenagers showed up late and emptied the dish, which is fine with me because I would have eaten some whether I liked them or not.

Best part was no doorbell.