Bad wound, no vet - Am I doing the right thing?

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad you were able to get her to the vet and help her get taken care of. You are a very kind person!

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mi Chiquita es muy bonita
Its perfect!! Im so glad she's going to be ok... Maybe she'd rather listen to spanish music rather than classical though? lol I know I do!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

srbuzz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all!

Just thought I'd log in with an update: "Mi Chiquita" is every day more like her usual self! Slightly flaky, occasionally VERY affectionate, sometimes loud and demanding, other times completely aloof as if we were total strangers - just like before!

The wound is completely scabbed over, with no swelling or heat. She is getting around on three legs, and spends most of her time lying down, but no longer seems to be in pain.

Well, that's all. Just wanted to share the good news!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

srbuzz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all!

Just wanted to post an update, especially in gratitude to the many who responded when my little stray (Mi Chiquita) was injured...

I was away for two months and just a few days ago came back home, wondering how she had recovered... well, was I pleasantly surprised!! Despite a broken hip, she has no limp at all! Only a slight hestiation when she gets up if she's been sleeping, and the back leg splays out ever so slightly... no scar whatsoever where she was wounded. Her hunting skills have not diminished, still living off her prey (plus an occasional treat
).

So, just wanted to update and say thanks to all!

Sharon

jeanw

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just read your entire story. And I'm so happy to hear Mi Chiquita is doing so well. You have done a really wonderful thing caring for her.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I too am glad to read she has recovered. Sounds like you might just have a cat all your own now!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sharon...thanks so much for the "good news" update.

Lei