Purraise
That type of statement is ok. We are really trying to stay away from:

"Brand X is garbage. Don't ever buy it."

"Let me rant and rave about what an awful store 'XYZ' is."

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bottom line group is this- if you have a problem with a product, go directly to the company itself. Many times they are unaware of a problem and will work with you to rectify it. Example is two years ago I used a product on my horse that caused an adverse reaction. Instead of going to a horse board I frequent and complaining about it, I called the company with my vet bill in hand. They asked for my clinical notes from my vet, they paid for the vet bill, they shipped me more product- although I shipped it right back, and they sent me a note of apology. They also pulled their product off the shelf to rewrite the instructions so that the problem would never happen again.

So using persuasive tactics, keeping the emotions out of it, most companies will work with you and not against you. They will cease working with you however if they catch wind that you are badmouthing them on a heavily trafficked forum such as TCS- and yes, although it may be a poster's opinion to badmouth a company or product, TCS could still be held libel.