Bad night

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hearyour husband is poorly. I'll keep you and him in my thoughts please try to remember to look after yourself as well. Sending hugs your way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He came home from the hospital on Sunday. I have never seen him so weak and helpless. It is good that I am strong since I have to help (lift) him up to a standing position to walk to the bathroom. If it wasn't for Covid, I would try to arrange a home health aid, but I don't want anymore people around the house than absolutely required. We haven't made it upstairs yet to the bedroom. We have both been sleeping in the family room - him on the couch and me on the loveseat. The doctor was not encouraging about the liver transplant due to other issues. He has enlarged lymph nodes in his abdomen and they aren't sure why. Medicare denied the PET scan to see if they were cancerous and the doctor said that most doctors wouldn't do anything without first finding out about the nodes.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Lynda,

I am so sorry to hear this. I know you don't want an aide but I have one. They use all precautions Re: COVID19.
Maybe you could have someone come in just a few hours a day to bathe him, et?

Sending healing thoughts and prayers,
:hugs: 💖
Love,
Mia

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night he developed a low fever. I will call his doctor as soon as the office opens. I may be over reacting since he was treated for a Urinary Tract Infection while in the hospital, but I thought that the antibiotics should have taken care of it. I had high hopes yesterday of getting him upstairs since he was walking better, but when the fever hit he became wobbly and weak, so we had another night in the family room.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Keep us updated!!

Yes, I agree with the others. A hospital bed may be more comfortable for him.. and an Aide, can help so much.. gives you a bit of peace... you can still be around; watching.. I used to peek from around the corner of my bedroom, just to watch...and check up on them...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I may be over reacting since he was treated for a Urinary Tract Infection while in the hospital, but I thought that the antibiotics should have taken care of it.
You're not overreacting at all - I have a close friend who is in what she terms supportive living due to her husband's health issues. However, she came down with a UTI and it took 3 different antibiotics to clear it up. Thinking of you and your husband. :hugs:

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are still in the family room since he still can’t climb the stairs. I called his doctor after he fell and the office told me they would message him with it being as urgent- still waiting for him to call! It was a sort of supported fall since I had hold of him but couldn’t keep him up. I had to call my son(45 minutes away) to help me. While waiting I managed to get him in a chair but couldn’t get him back to the couch. I called again and asked to speak to the on call doctor on Saturday. His fever was between 101 and 102.5. He could not even stand he was so weak and wobbly. He told me to take him to the ER( which I expected). My husband refused to go but agreed to go Sunday morning. Sunday, my son again came over and between the 2 of us we got him in the car. I took him to a different ER since the hospital he had been in is in a “red zone” for Covid-19 now. Our local hospital is not in as hot an area. They extended his antibiotics for another week. Today he seems better since he is getting up to use the potty chair on his own. For the last week I have been lifting him when he needs up. I think they released him entirely to soon. I am tired, cranky and my house is a wreck because he wants me with him. He has been waking me 5-6 times a night. My poor cats need grooming and my yard needs attention. My daughter bought a bed for him so he would be more comfortable. I bet you regret asking now!!😆😆 My kids help as much as they can. My 2 sons significant others, Steph and Yesenia also have been wonderful.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is back in the hospital - this time in ICU. Yesterday his blood sugar could not be stabilized. I called the paramedics. They came and got him stable but he refused to go to the hospital. I had to call them again around 11 last night when the things they told me to try didn't help. When they got there he was to out of it to refuse to go. He started seizing when they came in. He was transferred from our local hospital to a large teaching hospital nearby. I am going to fire his primary care doctor because he NEVER returned my calls even when I told the staff that my husband had fallen and still had fever almost a week after being released from the hospital.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I am going to fire his primary care doctor because he NEVER returned my calls even when I told the staff that my husband had fallen and still had fever almost a week after being released from the hospital.
There is absolutely no excuse for that and I hope his new doctor will be more responsible and conscientious. :crossfingers:

My heart and prayers go out to you. :hearthrob: Please take care of yourself too.:hugs:

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They moved him from ICU, His blood sugar has been stable for the last 2 days. They are trying to figure out WHY he had a fever and get a handle on his liver condition since it is a new set of doctors. The original hospital is taking their sweet time sending his records over. I spoke with the case manager (I think that was her title) and she is setting up a visiting nurse/aid for him when he comes home as well as any equipment that he will need. Also making arrangements for a rehab facility, if needed. NONE of this was offered to us at the other hospital! I am not looking forward to seeing this hospital bill though. He is in a private room that rivals a luxury hotel room. Yesterday when I was in to see him, he was still a little confused. but wasn't talking nonsense like the day before. Truthfully I don't see him with me by next spring. 2 of the doctors I have talked to have not been encouraging about the transplant. They seem to believe he has far to many issues to risk it. I am mad as h*** because if the doctors had spoken with us a few years ago about the transplant he could have had it then. It was only brought up last year when he got so ill. We have a donor so he wouldn't have been taking it from someone on the transplant list.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. My prayers are with both of you. Please get some rest. If I lived near
I would make you tea and toast. :hugs: 💖

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Wondering if you have talked to his doctors about the fact that you have a potential donor? There may be fewer health criteria than what it takes to get on the list of those waiting for a donor.