Bad News Regarding The Found Kittens

SugarCube

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's honestly taking a lot out of me to write this, but I feel like all the people who helped me with the kittens should be able to know what happened to them in the end. In August of this year I found three kittens under different boxes in my shed, all skinny and one deformed. The mother was soon found by me that afternoon, and I quickly developed a bond with the family. The vet I visited gave me good news and hope for the deformed one, she could still live a happy life with only a small bit of extra attention due to her being slightly blind and having a slightly deformed spine/skull. The same sadly could not be said about her two brothers, While showing a very clean bill of health at the first check up I had noticed how weak they seemed to be getting.. I went back in late September to the vets because the feisty larger brother didn't want to move, at all. The vet suggested an x-ray and some more testing, we were shocked to discover that the two brothers had lung and liver deformity's. They were put out of their misery early October on the 6th. The reason it took me so long to post is because i really couldn't find the words, Scrawny the now named sister is doing amazing and is exactly how an energetic little kitten should be. Her brothers live on in her, RIP Blondie (Orange, Largest Brother) and Hercules (Grey, Smallest Brother)!

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sincerely sorry about your loss! It never gets easy to lose one no matter how long they have held a place in your heart especially when we have so much hope that everything will be okay and in the end there's nothing we can do to help them it's heartbreaking and every single time it's like the first time all over again I know myself I go days without eating and just crying Non-Stop

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that this happened, thank you for trying so hard to save the little ones but for some reason it just wasn't meant to be; I hope the one remaining stays well for you, so sorry for your loss, it is a helpless feeling when we can't help them but sometimes it is just not meant to be.

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you for what you did......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although they had to leave too early, they gained the world when they found you. To have you love and care for them gave them what they wanted, and needed, the most. To die alone and unloved is an unthinkable end to a innocent's life. They were happy and and filled their hearts with your love for a while, now they use that love and the bit of your heart they took with them to bring them comfort in their eternal slumber. Their tiny spirits will always be tied to yours, their new path will always follow yours until it crosses once more. Don't be sad when remembering them, they would never want that for the one they love. You have your memories of happier times, don't let the sad outweigh them and rob you of comfort. Take care of that beautiful little girl, let the joys of having her in your life fill that heart with joy again. None of us are guaranteed a tomorrow, hold her and love her for today, and let your tears of sadness turn to tears of joy for her innocence and presence in your life right now, and for as long as you are given into the future.
My heart cries for your pain. I know the heartache of losing those who have left us much too soon. There is no way to change the past, we adapt to not having them in our arms, but accept that we will always hold them in a loving heart. the bond you have with those two little boys will always be with you, love is spiritual, so eternal. I will pray for you all, give Scrawny a kiss for me. Take care...........RIP precious Blondie and Grey. Together for eternity at the Rainbow Bridge, you will never be forgotten, you will be always loved and your memories cherished in the heart of the one who loved you so dearly. May the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, little Blondie and Hercules, dream you deep. Your tiny lives touched more people than you will ever know, and those lives mattered. You are marked and mourned, Little Ones.

Bless you, my Dear, for fighting so hard for them. Give Scrawny a very gentle stroke for all three of them from me.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My heartfelt sympathies go out to you. The two brothers are now running pain free at the Bridge. RIP sweet angels, Blondie & Hercules. :angel:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this SugarCube SugarCube I remember your original thread when you found the kittens, I wondered how they were all doing.

It sounds as if all the kittens would have all passed away without your help. At least you were able to save Scrawny and help her brothers pass without too much suffering.

I hope Scrawny and her mother have a long and happy life with you.