BAD Kitty!

mcmaggie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There's also a sticky in this forum about curbing kitty agression towards people that may help.

maxy24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
don't declaw your cat, when used to control agression it can cause cats to bite instead and also cause them to beome more sensitive because they feel there is no way to defend themselves. The kid probally startled the cat ecspecially if it was just one hiss. Toddlers have jerky movements and high pitched screams and giggles which makes many cats nervous. You should confine the cat to a room on thanksgiving with some food and toys (maybe automatic toys like those feret balls) or play with your cat for a long hard play session a little bit before the people come so he will sleep for a while.

raleigh'sparent

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This sounds a bit like my wife's cat..

I really like the cat, but I can't get near the thing without her hissing at me with a vengence..

Our kitty is quickly on the road to becoming and outdoor kitty.. I am trying to be nice and let her adapt to me, as I am "new" to the household and the cat is in a new house.. So, we will see.. Time will tell..

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyPaws

Thanks. I've never heard much about declawing what is darn bad about it? I've had declawed cats before and they never had any problems? They also didn't shred the couch's. I've heard of Soft paws but last time i tried something like that my kitty wen't crazy trying to get them off. It was really fustrating to watch him do back flips, cry, scratch bite his paws etc. Also about getting rid of him before declawing is NOT a choice PERIOD i'd never get rid of him because i would have to declaw him. He's way to good of a kitty for me.
this says it all...

http://declaw.lisaviolet.com/declawvettch.html

ETA : here's this, too.

http://www.straypetadvocacy.org/html/declaw_detoe.html

I hope you reconsider declawing your cat!

maxy24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
another reasonnot to declaw is, what if your cat escapes outside by accedent and you can't find him for days. Your cat will slowly starve not to mention if he comes in contact with another cat the other cat will attack and your cat will have no good way to defend himself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If my cant accidently escaped from my house i have a fenced in yard. He has tried sneaking out before and i just fix the only way they could of got out. (My great dane will dig sometimes) and he's to scared to try and climb it.