Bad for me--nice for Zane

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Monday morning at 3:00 am, I woke up with horrible pain in my belly and started to vomit until there was nothing left inside me. I was also purging violently.

As soon as it was late enough to call someone, I called a friend to take me to the ER where I was diagnosed with a severe colonic and duodenal infection and sent home with a cocktail of drugs in me. I followed up with my own doctor today, who has ordered me to rest through Monday and not to think of going back to work until Tuesday.

Why good for Zane? As I spend all my time either in bed or on the big recliner, he's getting lots more cuddle time than usual.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that sounds awful! I hope you're feeling better soon. did that just come on out of the blue?

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YIKES, you had to be feeling awful! Sending lots of healing vibes for you Of course, there is nothing better than furry cuddling to speed the healing process

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling somewhat better, mostly because of the drugs, but they make me very sleepy and stupid. Although I'm not vomiting any more, even the BRAT diet gives me a stomach ache. Also, from all the vomiting, the muscles of my ribcage are sore, so it hurts to cough or sneeze. I have very little energy; doing almost anything just wears me out. Again, Zane likes this as I spend a lot of horizontal time, when he can drape himself over me like a live heating pad.

sparkie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! That must have been hours worth of living hell

Zane looks like a big, toasty heating pad
Cats know when we're not well. I think they pick up on the vibes. So aloof and yet so understanding!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry you're under the weather. Glad you're starting to feel better. Aren't live heating pads lovely?