bad eye going for neuter Thurs, HELP

jeweed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All;

Have appointment for Thursday for neuter.  Have been using N-acetyl carnosine drops, coconut oil and diy "candidate" remedy.  Eye is clearing.  Read alot about "glaucoma"  Possible fungal infection.  The coconut oil and the "candidate" are antifungals.  Swelling down tremendously.  Found prescription for N Acetyl carnosine and other ingredients listed by Pubmed.gov study that showed good results after 1 month.  Have decided to get the RX and try for a month before making a drastic decision about eye removal.  Company that makes the drops is called Practivet and the RX drops are called "Ocluvet"  Don't know if this is right choice but, if I hadn't caught him he'd be living with this eye.  I'm able to pet him on the head and back and he purrs.  Still runs from every noise.  Also, he won't eat anything but crunchies (orijen) and oatmeal cereal.  I think I've tried everything from raw to friskies.

I'm worried about getting him in the carrier and all that goes with it.  Don't have feliway they don't sell it here (I live in the sticks)  wouldn't arrive until after surgery so I need tips and what to expect.  I feel bad doing this to him, but I can't wait, he is bored staying in one room and not getting any sun or exercise.  All good thoughts and help greatly appreciated.

Rose

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is an anti-biotic shot the vet might be able to give him; ask when you take him in for surgery.  You may be surprised at how quickly he calms down after the surgery.  He may be antsy because his testosterone is still screaming.

You're right - if you hadn't caught him, he'd be in far worse shape, so you are definitely doing the right thing.