Bad case of the Blahs...

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This week for some reason I just can't get into my job. I have a bunch of stuff I need to do today, but I keep finding myself goofing off on the internet...which I know I need to stop doing.

However when it comes to my job, there's just a part of me that doesn't care anymore. I know the main thing is that I've been in my field for way too long and even though I received a more advanced title I can place on my resume, I just feel blah.
The support calls don't excite me, I just feel like a robot. I take them, answer them, follow up with them, but I just leave it feeling blah.
The sick thing is that i will focus on the teaching that I'm doing this summer rather than the work i do need to get done. I would quit and continue to do the teaching, but it doesn't pay the bills like this job does.

I've scheduled vacation the first week of August and I'm going out of town, so I'm excited about that. Maybe that's what I need...just to leave Michigan for a week.
Plus I'm starting grad school this fall and already I'm anticipating that I will be able to do my homwork while at work
Is that just wrong???

I don't know, is it just me or does anyone else have the blahs this week?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have blahs weeks too. Actually I have been having one this week aswell. My job is just so monotonous. I hate doing the same things everyday.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do the same thing every day at my job and I hate it! I am currently sticking with it because there's a good possibility that I'll be hired into a much better job by spring. But it's so hard to be motivated to do something I don't care about at all. If your blahs about your job stick around, you might want to try to find something else. Life's too short to hate your job.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had those lately too - I get them a lot in the winter tho

I had them last week - and since I've gone on those interviews, I've felt a lot better - we have a lot of different stuff going on everyday, so its not so much the same stuff everyday - there's always different smashed up cars coming in!

I hope your vacation makes you feel better!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone.

I know most of it is I need a job that I want to do...but with grad school starting up this fall, I'm holding off on job looking. I'm hoping that maybe I can find an internship or something during grad school so that I can leave this job :\\ we'll see...

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the blahs all the time at work.........but it's easy money, so i stay.......

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Blah week for me, I think its the heat, me+heat=
I 've been going home from working, taking a 3 hr nap
getting up for an hour and going back to sleep
I'm getting like 10-11 hours of sleep a night
just don't feel like doing anything else, of course the kitties are napping with me, but I think I'm out sleeping them

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol alot of blahs.. i always thought spending 9am-1am on the computer and almost fall asleep typing with your kitten in your lap awesome :p. Must be just me hehe. My work isn't blah its more of a challenge kinda thing.

Or as people put it dangours and not worth the risk. ::sighs::

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is nothing wrong with doing homework on the job. Homework is training for the job.

Grad school does not rely on homeworks. You actually rarely have homeworks. Research is much more important, depending on the field.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by shengmei

There is nothing wrong with doing homework on the job. Homework is training for the job.

Grad school does not rely on homeworks. You actually rarely have homeworks. Research is much more important, depending on the field.
You know...you're right...I'm so use to thinking school + me = homework.

The good news is that many many people in the program say that they don't weigh you down with a lot of outside work...mainly due to the fact that most grads are full time workers as well.

I do agree too, the heat isn't helping me either. Its just weird though...I'll have 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning and still want to fall back asleep.