Back to work feeding

Emilyelliott

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
My husband and I have recently started new jobs and are out of the house for long periods of time. Prior to this he was unemployed and was home to feed kitty on a regular schedule.
Now there are much longer periods between feeding 9am and 11 pm. Kitty has stopped eating the wet food we offer.
Should we go to a free feeding with just dry, or continue offering the wet morning and night? I'm afraid that kitty will be hungry all day if we only feed dry morning and night.
Also considering an auto feeder.
Any advice?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I like the auto feeder idea, but also, as an example my boy gets both wet and dry daily.

Also, try some cat music for him, on a time so it isn't on all day long. He's probably sleeping all day now, but this is a big change in his life now that you're gone all day again.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got a timed portion feeder. Delilah didn't like wet in the timed feeder, but I give her 1 tbsp of kibble in the slot so she has midday and midnight snacks. Before the timed feeder I'd leave a portion of dry for later but she ate it immediately. She gets wet when I leave at about 7am, and wet when I get home about 5 or 6 pm.