Back From my Grandmother's Funeral

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't post about it here, but my grandmother passed away last Sunday morning. She was 98 years old and had lived a very long, wonderful life. I was able to travel to San Antonio for her funeral. It was so fun! (If funerals can be fun.) I got to see so many family members I've not seen in ages and other family friends that I've not seen in eons. It was sad and there were tears, but we had fun reminiscing and laughing at all the fun times. It would appear that the vast majority of us remember Grandma as a strong woman with fortitude, generous, caring, and opinionated.
She wasn't afraid to have an opinion and to let you know exactly what she was thinking. She also wasn't afraid to tan your hide if you needed it. I think it was good for us to all be together and share our special memories.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss. 98 that's really cool she lived that long!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. At 98, it sounds like your grandmother lived a long and happy life with a family that loved her very much. It's good that you're celebrating her life and sharing happy memories with family. I'm sure your grandmother would have wanted it that way.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry, but she seems an amazing woman, and clearly she lived a long, rich life, and is/was very loved by many.
I'm really glad you got to go to her funeral, and it sounds really cool, and I'm sure she was smiling to see everyone "enjoy" being together (if you can enjoy at a funeral.
).

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss. What a long life she had, and how much she must have experienced during it.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss, your grandma sounded like she was an amazing woman. 98 is a fab age and I'm glad you shared so many good times with her and have many memories. x

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry you lost Grandma. Glad you were able to celebrate her amazing life with your other family members and come away with such warm memories.

Take care of yourself,

Cally

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss
Definitely sounds like she had a long, happy life full of love and family. Whew, 98!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all. She was an amazing woman and saw so much in her lifetime. She would've had it no other way than for the family to be together sharing love, memories, laughter, and tears.