Baby News

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a little sweetie! Sorry you had a rough time!

Congraatulations!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! Congratulations!!! Bradley is such a beautiful baby boy
:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!! We're all doing well here. It's a difficult adjustment to think that I am someones mommy now. Sometimes I can hardly wrap my head around it! DH thinks I go a little psycho in the evening because I get the "baby blues" when the sun goes down... I try to explain it is just the hormone change but he still looks at me like I've gone bonkers!!

Originally Posted by ghosthunterbeck

Congrats! Boy it brings tears to my eyes! We shouldn't be long behind you!
Good luck!!! If you want any advice please feel free to PM me! I know that I used to get sick of people just handing out free advice all the time so I'm not going to preach anything here. But if you want to hear some things from someone who just went though it, please message me!! It's quite the experiance!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

Thanks everyone!! We're all doing well here. It's a difficult adjustment to think that I am someones mommy now. Sometimes I can hardly wrap my head around it! DH thinks I go a little psycho in the evening because I get the "baby blues" when the sun goes down... I try to explain it is just the hormone change but he still looks at me like I've gone bonkers!!
Aw...
hugs - the first night I got my son home, I got a panic attack seeing him lying there in his bassinet. I couldn't believe I had to assume all responsibility for this tiny little thing. It'll get easier!

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

Good luck!!! If you want any advice please feel free to PM me! I know that I used to get sick of people just handing out free advice all the time so I'm not going to preach anything here. But if you want to hear some things from someone who just went though it, please message me!! It's quite the experiance!
This will be my fourth labor, actually. I can't say that I'm necessarily "prepared" for it, but I have a pretty good idea of what to expect

Seriously though, when I share my experiences, people get *very* up in arms because I do natural childbirth and advocate for our right to have it naturally!

The one thing I'm worried about right now is the length of time I've been having serious contractions and the fact that there is some *really* serious pelvic pressure going on right now!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This will be my fourth labor, actually. I can't say that I'm necessarily "prepared" for it, but I have a pretty good idea of what to expect

Seriously though, when I share my experiences, people get *very* up in arms because I do natural childbirth and advocate for our right to have it naturally!

The one thing I'm worried about right now is the length of time I've been having serious contractions and the fact that there is some *really* serious pelvic pressure going on right now!
Hijack...

Hey, I did natural childbirth too. I guess. Without drugs is what I did, LOL.

But, yikes - when are you due? It could go pretty fast on your fourth labor!

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Hijack...

Hey, I did natural childbirth too. I guess. Without drugs is what I did, LOL.

But, yikes - when are you due? It could go pretty fast on your fourth labor!
LOL, sorry!

Due the 11th of December... Usually go over, but this one seems determined to come either early or on time. We'll have to see what happens with it! My last labor was only five hours, and the second and third babies each only took one push to bring into the world, so we're expecting fast, possibly even "at home."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL, sorry!

Due the 11th of December... Usually go over, but this one seems determined to come either early or on time. We'll have to see what happens with it! My last labor was only five hours, and the second and third babies each only took one push to bring into the world, so we're expecting fast, possibly even "at home."
Woah! I think if I could have had a 5 hours labor instead of 27 I would have gone natural too!!

I think it is awesome that you did everything without medication. I just wasn't able to do it and after being in labor for so long I ended up getting more medication than I really wanted. Made for a very sleepy baby... but then again he's still sleepy and we usually end up having to wake him up to feed him.

He's 1 week today!

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I honestly don't see why some "natural labor advocates" get so up in arms about some women wanting or needing the drugs. I have easy labors, and yes, they are short as well. I can breathe through the contractions without a problem and I don't tend to be a screamer. I focus my energy on the birthing process, and have a baby. For me, it's no big deal.

But for *some* women, it's pure heck, and I can understand that.

BTW, my first labor was nearly 22 hours. They *refused* me pain relief other than tylenol!