Baby Kitten Help!!

NinjaDuck133

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My boyfriend found a baby kitten, maybe only 3-4 weeks old, mamma left him alone 🥺 we got some formula and a bottle, my only issue is the kitten chews off every nipple.. and I'm not quite sure what to do. Anyone have any advice? Or ideas on what I can do?

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope this gives you some help.
It mentions if a kitten is biting and chewing the nipple it is time to start weening it off the bottle. It mentions how to do so aswell.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree. A kitten who chews the nipples off already has baby teeth and is 4-5 weeks old and capable of learning to eat from a flat plate or small dish. Give soft, pate-style kitten food 4-6 times daily, leave dry kitten chow out 24/7, and give formula in a dish now.

It’s also time to introduce a litter box. Here are helpful videos for both weaning to soft food and litter box training:

Please keep us posted as to how things go, and we’d love to see a picture of your new kitten!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

NinjaDuck133

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for the feedback.. I actually did put some formula in a little dish and he has been doing great at drinking it out of it ☺ I will look over the videos you all sent tonight.. thank you again!! Here are a few pictures of him 😁

Attachments