Babies????????????????????

mawilouwl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GayleMG

I know what you mean. Adult cats are great, and the kittens will be adults in no time anyway, so why not just adopt an adult? I got all of mine from shelters or rescued myself and only one of the four cats I have now was a kitten when I got it.
That's great! Next time I want to adopt a cat, I'm positive it will be an adult cat from a shelter! But I'm not quite ready yet...

gaylemg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mawilouwl

That's great! Next time I want to adopt a cat, I'm positive it will be an adult cat from a shelter! But I'm not quite ready yet...
I know what you mean. I think I have all the cats I can afford right now! I know I will be tempted to keep at least one of the kittens. I'm not sure if I will or not. Five cats, whew!

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've noticed more posts by people that have adopted already pregnant cats

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think there are more posts because it's kitten season again.
But I'm really glad this forum is here because it's where I turned when I took in a pregnant stray, and I LOVE this place!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

But I'm really glad this forum is here
me, too - not because i have/had a pregnant cat, but when i took in Firefox, i found a great deal of info on improving her health!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I regularly visit our local shelter. Both of our cats came from there. Both were essentially fully-grown when we got them. They don't have trouble adopting out kittens, but adults are harder. They keep them longer than most shelters; both of our cats had been there for a number of weeks.

What breaks my heart are the adult cats that people bring in for the lamest reasons. I've seen them brought in because "they didn't have time for the cat any more." I saw one gorgeous kitty who was there because his owner was having a baby. Right now they have a beautiful long-hair tortie that the folks said "took up too much of their time." She's something like 9 years old! She has no idea why her people just discarded her.

The shelter IS associated with a barn cats rescue group who will take adult cats that have lived outside and who aren't adopted, rather than putting them to sleep. "Barn cats" is probably a misnomer; mostly they go to people who live in the country around here, and need cats to keep down the pests outside, but many of them end up as indoor/outdoor kitties.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sat was so hard for me. They had Adoptions at the fair and there was this Siamese I really wanted but I can not have another Cat until we get a House. I plan on getting a Cat this Summer.