Babble Away to win prizes! We have a winner!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
@Mani You are up babbling quite early, no?

Actually I was up babbling really, really late.  I had no idea it was so late.  I had a whole lot of things to do and then thought I'd have a quick babble before bed.  It almost felt naughty to be babbling at such an hour..

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Americans say " my bad" does that mean " my mistake?" And does " phone it in" mean give up? Jillian Michaels says these things on her exercise DVDs and I'm not sure what she means. I'm An Australian just trying to keep up with it!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
When Americans say " my bad" does that mean " my mistake?" And does " phone it in" mean give up? Jillian Michaels says these things on her exercise DVDs and I'm not sure what she means. I'm An Australian just trying to keep up with it!!
Indeed "my bad" means my mistake.  But to "phone it in" means more to be lazy - so lazy that you phone in your effort instead of showing up and doing it. So do Australians have unual phrases for these?

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know that I've ever heard the term "phone it in."  More than once I've come across a conversation from 2 TCSers on Facebook and had no clue what they were talking about!  Sometimes we just don't speak the same English! 

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Camelot just sneezed on the screen  
  thanks Camie! Oi, time for a proper cleanup.

Hope everyone is doing well on this hump day! Twas a bit of a rainy day here, but otherwise nice lukewarm weather. Went for a pleasant walk <3

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I stopped in the bathroom at work to secretly check TCS. (I know. That's not what I'm there for.) I forget how interesting all of you are and I lost track of time. I was in there so long that I was a little embarrassed when I came out. Oops. lol

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Camelot just sneezed on the screen  
  thanks Camie! Oi, time for a proper cleanup...
yuck , kitty snot !  One time years ago, I was lying on my back and Lilly was sitting right on my chest - I yawned really big, and just as my mouth was open the widest, Lilly leaned forward, and SNEEZED RIGHT IN MY OPEN MOUTH!!  
  Oh, it was so gross, kitty spit, snot, germs, it was horrid, I was mortified.  (I got really sick a day or two later, do not know if it was I coincidence or not..) So gross it was 

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today my dad went to Coldstone Creamery to get me a birthday cake and hit a pedestrian on his way back home. He called 911 and an ambulance came and took her to the hospital, she was knocked down but had no major injuries.

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today my dad went to Coldstone Creamery to get me a birthday cake and hit a pedestrian on his way back home. He called 911 and an ambulance came and took her to the hospital, she was knocked down but had no major injuries.
Wow. I'm glad she's ok. That had to be scary for both of them. Is he shaken up badly or is he doing ok?

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He didn't hit her that hard, I guess she only fell a few feet back but she didn't speak any english so he couldn't communicate with her. She just sat there I guess until the emts got there and even they couldn't speak with her. My dads okay, it shook him up and now he will pay more attention when turning right or red.

He got a ticket for not yielding to a pedestrian but he'd rather have that then it have been more serious where he had hurt her severely.

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had some more bedtime ice cream tonight. Tonight was caramel Peanut had a very good snuggle going. He didn't even complain when I scratched by his tail. (He doesn't like that. Angel does but sometimes I get mixed up.) He was very quiet and when my bowl was almost empty he sat up nice and tall. I showed him the bowl but he still sat. Ice cream is only allowed on the floor and he wasn't going to be tricked. Then I put the bowl down and he let his excitement show. Time to lick the bowl! But sadly it was caramel and he likes mint chip. All that good behavior and cuteness wasted on caramel. It was a sad moment.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Katachtig. I don't think us Australians have unusual phrases for those instances but we have our own version of English too. Australian slang. " g'day cobber"

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, @petcrazy, that sounds SO mean!  How could you let Peanut wait all that time in anticipation when you didn't even have his favourite flavour?  
   What is it about mint?   I was given a mint scent bath bomb once and one of my tabbies went berserk over it!  She rolled and squirmed over it like she was in catnip heaven!  I love mint chocolate but thankfully I've never had a cat try and steel any of that.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
mservant mservant @mention isn't working for me, either, unless I'm using the BB Code Editor. I've tried with four different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera, using Windows Vista), and the feature just won't cooperate when I've got my preferences set to Rich Text.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hi jcat, I am glad that I am not alone in my trials.  I am now living in hope that katachtig can sort this @ thing out. 
   You know how it is when you can't have something, it just seems SO much more important and desireable..... Why is that?    A bit like cat toys that have been tidied away in a neat little bed and must be burrowed out even though they haven't been played with in weeks. 

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
mservant mservant (I am not using the @ function to make anyone feel bad that they can't) :) I did feel bad about the ice cream, so in my weak moment I went downstairs to get the green mouse. I didn't have time for a game so I just put the mouse by Peanut. He pretended he didn't care but I caught him hitting the mouse. Today it was hidden (badly) so I think I've been forgiven for the ice cream.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
@MServant   I am using the @ purely to show off. 

I'm not a nice, kind poster like @petcrazy76, or even helpful like @katachtig

I wouldn't put it past me to @Mani myself!

Now I'll probably get ticked off by the big guns like @jcat or @AbbysMom for making everyone wonder why they've been mentioned in the babble thread and for being a @ show-off.

Or is that an @ show-off?

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

OK, going to try and get clever-   @katachtig  (don't think it's worked, no drop down box and not gone blue yet, don't think I'm being clever enough)  thank you for your recent installment on The Mouse Game.  I agree with Mani, you are the guru.  I am now of the opinion that you and Kiefer should have a very special article to advise all of us Mouse Game novices how to approach play with our cats in a more appropriate and engaging manner. :nod:
@MServant
- your compliments have me blushing that I am as red as the burning bush outside my window which is basking in the late autumn sun in back.  I wish that I had the photography skills of @AbbysMom
so as I could take a picture of the bush and the lovely autumn purple ash in the front yard which will lose its leaves so soon as that tree drops all of its leaves literally over night.

The @mentions do tend to be tricky and you will need to figure if you use the BB Code editor or the Rich Text Editor (which much have loads of cash if it is rich).  To figure out either or both of them, check here. I look forward to you attempting it again with success. 
katachtig katachtig Now you are making me blush. :blush:

@MServant
  I am using the @ purely to show off. 
I'm not a nice, kind poster like @petcrazy76
, or even helpful like @katachtig

I wouldn't put it past me to @Mani
myself!
Now I'll probably get ticked off by the big guns like @jcat
or @AbbysMom
for making everyone wonder why they've been mentioned in the babble thread and for being a @ show-off.

Or is that an @ show-off?
mani mani :lol3::lol3::lol3: Since when am I a big gun? :lol3:

I'm really enjoying this thread and will be sad when it is over. :(

So I am extremely stressed today. I freak out whenever I have to do anything doctor related and I have an eye doctor appointment this afternoon. :(

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I started a cat war. I was all motivated by the mouse game so I tried playing with the soft feather ball. They were interested but kind of confused so I brought out... the... wait for it... Feather Fishing Pole! Angel forgot she's angry at the cat feet on my jammies and was meowing like crazy until I had it unrolled. She played like crazy while Peanut stalked it. He can spend an hour stalking. Loves to stalk. Eventually Angel noticed and started stalking also. I got bored and that's where I started the problem.

I hung the feathers in the laundry basket. Peanut loves the laundry basket but neither will go in when there are clothes in it. They both were having a great time batting through the holes in the side. Then went back to stalking so I put the feathers away. That is when the problem started.

Angel jumped into the basket to lay on the clothes. Well then Peanut was interested so as soon as Angel jumped out he jumped in. There was hissing and swatting. I put blankets in boxes but nothing matched that laundry basket. Angel was so mad and my kitty feet jammies made it worse. (You stick your foot at a cat and meow once and they just can't forget.) After all calmed down Angel layed in the cat tree still very angry. As I was typing this Angel finally laid down to nap. As soon as Peanut was sure she was calm he moved to his window spot. He didn't even want the basket. He just wanted to take it away from Angel. They're worse than my kids. I think I'm going to have to try something else next time we play.

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty bummed right now... decided I better not try returning to work for another week, as health is still too weak to deal with demands of my client yet. I am a night aide for an Alzheimer's patient & she gets up frequently. I miss the many months when she would sleep almost all night long....

Last edited: