Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@Handsome Kitty  Luckily I did not have to bury Da Bird. Unfortunately, I am going to have to come up with some way to lock the cabinet I am keeping it in. They've learned to open it. Also I don't have a van. Or know anyone with one.  I have to get a cat tower from the pet store to my house. Mostly rural roads.
What kind of car do you have?  Can  you put the back seats down and put most of it in through the trunk?   Make sure you cover the part that is hanging out so it doesn't get too dusty.

I really love my van.  Sometimes I have my husband's Sabaru and forget.  It doesn't hold nearly enough.

Last edited:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have access to a Ford Focus (mine), Volvo, and a Carolla. The Volvo is the only one with the seats that fold down, but they fold down at a weird angle. My fiance doesn't think it'll fit in there.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you get the tower flat packed and assemble it at home? That's what I did with my 6 foot tower, and they're not at all hard to assemble.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you get the tower flat packed and assemble it at home? That's what I did with my 6 foot tower, and they're not at all hard to assemble.
I wish. It is a custom one like the smaller one that I have right now. They don't really come apart so that is a problem.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
ooops Guess I am messing up the rules, big Time!! 

Actually, I never did read the rules.. I just jumped right in!!  I hope that is 15 words...

but I do have consecutive posts....can never get it right....always break the rules!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

ooops Guess I am messing up the rules, big Time!! 

Actually, I never did read the rules.. I just jumped right in!!  I hope that is 15 words...

but I do have consecutive posts....can never get it right....always break the rules!
There's something to be said for rule breakers!  You can't do anything about the consecutive posts but you probably still have time to edit and bring your post up to 15 words.

Oh dear. I had two very upset cats because my smoke alarm went off. Poor cats do not like that noise.
Poor babies.  There they were just enjoying the day and doing their cat thing and something started screaming at them!

bubbleberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

It's a been a few days since I've been able to write or even look at my screens. I'm still dealing with headaches. Got new reading glasses. Trying different remedies. Sorry to have missed all your posts. Congrat's to Micknsnicks2mom for winning! Very cool! I'm definitely homebound till I figure out the cause. It IS extremely hot here. 93deg feel like temp is 100*. Wow, thats good to know about the yorkie (anti freeze) alcohol helping. One time I thought Blueberry might have gotten into to that. Now I know what to recommend to others, thanks. I find this site helpful in so many ways. I will post pics of bf's bro cats when I get to laptop again. He did email them. They are all really adorable!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

There's something to be said for rule breakers!  You can't do anything about the consecutive posts but you probably still have time to edit and bring your post up to 15 words.

Poor babies.  There they were just enjoying the day and doing their cat thing and something started screaming at them!
They were very upset. Now they are back to their normal calm selves. I never thought of smoke alarms as something that would scare cats so badly.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, thats good to know about the yorkie (anti freeze) alcohol helping. One time I thought Blueberry might have gotten into to that. Now I know what to recommend to others, thanks.
I'd just like to point out that @CatLadyVetTech is just that - a vet tech. The alcohol was administered under veterinary supervision and was diluted before being given via an IV. This is most definitely not a home remedy to recommend to your friends. Alcohol is a poison, and a big enough dose can be fatal.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
@Columbine   You changed your avatar!  Is that Shadow looking so sweet?  I loved your last one.  It reminded me of my rainbow ginger tabby who used to present his tummy just like that.

bubbleberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, thanks about the anti freeze remedy reminder! Not to worry..we just drink lemonade anyway [emoji]128513[/emoji]

Oh yes, my cats used to be freaked out about any loud noise like that. Luckily haven't heard that noise in years. I know the dog would be quite upset. Just like he was with the fireworks

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
margd margd Yes - my avatar is now Shadow. I thought he deserved a turn, and I love that pic of him (still debating whether to make a last minute switch for the competition :rolleyes: ). My previous avatar pic was Shadow's brother, Cali :rbheart: They'd been together all their lives until chf took Cali from us early last year. It's the only pic I have of Cali in his last years.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
@Margd Yes - my avatar is now Shadow. I thought he deserved a turn, and I love that pic of him (still debating whether to make a last minute switch for the competition
). My previous avatar pic was Shadow's brother, Cali
They'd been together all their lives until chf took Cali from us early last year. It's the only pic I have of Cali in his last years.
Awwww.  I'm sorry about Cali.  That's an absolute great photo though.  If you have to only have one in his later years, that's a good one to have!  Tough choice for the contest - that Asha photo is adorable.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have some fab early pics of Cali though. In fact, I've commissioned a painting of him and Shadow (most likely as kittens snuggled in the same bed) for my mum for Christmas. Cali was her cat in the way Asha is mine - 100% velcro! He used to properly catawaul for her when she went out!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Whoa. Go out for the day and so much rule breaking goes on. :nono:

Mod Note - posts must be at least 15 words long and not consecutive

margd

Veteran
Purraise
@Columbine   What a wonderful and thoughtful present!  I know I would love to have a painting of my old two rainbow cats, Wesley and Milo.  Such a wonderful present.  Caterwaul is such a great word.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have some fab early pics of Cali though. In fact, I've commissioned a painting of him and Shadow (most likely as kittens snuggled in the same bed) for my mum for Christmas. Cali was her cat in the way Asha is mine - 100% velcro! He used to properly catawaul for her when she went out!
That sounds amazing. I think everyone would love something like that. What a nice tribute to a beautiful cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.